Friday, April 27, 2012

The Summer of Boo Boo

It was a shame how bad Brother Bear went when he started killing hikers in Jellystone. We always knew he was a little off. When he was a cub he shared bunk beds with his sister but he was so very weird. He would always smell her sheets and try to catch her when she was naked. He would make strange noises and the bed would shake all night long as the springs would creak. And his sheets would have be washed every day because they were foul and sticky.

He kept dreaming and moaning and murmuring the words "Mommy oh Mommy you are a dirty girl" in his sleep. We never knew what he was dreaming about.

We just knew it wasn't good.

 (Stan and Jan Berenstain "Son of Boo Boo", The E True Hollywood Story of the Berenstain Bears)

11 comments:

chickelit said...

I must say troop that you have a healthy thriving blog here. It seems that everyone who comments here has loads of talent. There's little to none of the bickering and posturing so typical elsewhere.

It's sad that some patrons and matrons come and go over time, but like a wise man once said "I get older and they all stay the same age"

BTW, who might the youngest patron of this place be I wonder? Not to be an ageist.

chickelit said...

Oh, I think it's the quality of the posted material that keeps people coming back.

Anonymous said...

Boo Boo is a scary little freak.

ndspinelli said...

RIP: Moose Skowron. The crew cut, square jawed, Skowron was one of my favorite Yanks from my youth. He could dig low throws out @ 1st base and hit in the clutch. Moose wasn't a great player, but he was what my old man called, "a ballplayer." That was a supreme compliment afforded to players who played the game hard. Not many left sad to say. I saw Moose award a trophy to a winning horse @ Arlington Park last year. Moose died in Arlington Park, Il. yesterday.

chickelit said...

I want to thank Darcy for bringing "Justified" to my attention. I watched the first two episodes last night--hooked!

Trooper York said...

Wait till you get to season two. It is a doozy.

With some great characters. Madge. Loretta. Dicky. It is off the hook.

Enjoy.

Trooper York said...

Oh and thanks for the kind words but it is people like you chickie that make it a fun place to hang. Just sayn'

Darcy said...

You're welcome, Bruce! So glad you like it. Even just hearing the opening music makes my heart sing anymore. Heh. Do I need to get a life?

blake said...

Noooo...don't get a life. We'd miss you!

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I never trusted those Bernstein Bears. That whole Ma Pa thing was affected.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I join CL in his assessment of TY