Monday, August 12, 2013

The assassination of the turtle shirt by the coward red wine.

So my new favorite Hawaiian shirt has turtles on it and the wife hates it. Stacy London hates it. She specifically dissed it when she saw me in it. But I love me some turtles.

First of all it is sage green which brings out my eyes. Then it has monkey shit brown turtles swimming all over it. It is a classic. How could you not love it.

Anyway I wore it Saturday and the wife had on one of her new convertible dresses that she loves. We decide to go out to dinner. Now she is always on me not to spill stuff on my shirts as I am your basic slob but this time she didn't say anything. We decided to do something different. Not radically different. Just a little different. First we went to Marco Polo for a couple of cocktails at the bar. But we didn't eat there. Instead we went to the Thai place for a light meal. We order a couple of glasses of wine. And then the wife spills hers. No I didn't spill mine. She spilled her. Didn't get any on her beautiful new dress. But I got a bunch on my poor turtle shit.

You don't need to be Inpsector Lestrade to figure that one out.

We put some stain remover on it and it looks sort of ok but I don't think I can wear it out when we are getting dressed up. It would be fine to hang around in or to go to the pool. I tried to order another one but they are sold out.

So I got a couple with alligators on surfboards and drunken parrots drinking Mai Tai's.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

I just am gonna miss my turtles.

16 comments:

windbag said...

Wear it anyway. That will discourage anything like that happening in the future.

ricpic said...

No socks: the mark of the really hoity toity.
"Wine stains? I'll have you know my wife
Custom Rorschached this shoity doity!"

Icepick said...

I gotta agree with windbag. If you don't wear the turtle shirt, the terrorists have won.

chickelit said...

I remember swimming with sea turtles in Hawaii.

Soothing.

Wasn't there some guy on Lem's channel trying to train a turtle? I lost track of where that was.

EBL?

chickelit said...

BTW Troop, I'm seeing major allusion in your title.

Will she be able to a-Ford and new shirt for you?

ricpic said...

It's soothing to swim with sea turtles till they nip off your c & b's.

Chip S. said...

Judge Bork, is that you?

Cody Jarrett said...

Red, red wine
Stay close to me
Don't let me be alone
It's tearing apart
My blue, blue heart


ndspinelli said...

Stains add character to a shirt. Underwear skidmark stains do not.

Cody Jarrett said...


Turtle Hawaiian shirt from KY International

Icepick said...

Underwear skidmark stains do not.

Oh, I disagree! It's just not the kind of "character" that one should aspire to....

Cody Jarrett said...

By the time you notice the skids it's too late, usually.

It's not like looking down at a chick while you're going doggy and noticing that there was a less than adequate wiping job done.

Or so I'm told.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Wine stains only shows that you enjoy life. Wear it.

blake said...

I have some Hawaiian shirts, but my mom got them all for me, and they're all from Tony Bahamas.

Which makes them the most priciest and fashionable shirts I own.

Trooper York said...

Thanks Cody. They had the exact same shirt only in Orange.

Fucking A man. Fucking A.

Cody Jarrett said...

Orange would look good on you, I think. And you could wear it hunting and to attract UFO's.