Thursday, August 15, 2013

Instant Replay- The Unedited Edition



I couldn't practice with the team as I was on the disabled list but Coach Lombardi wanted me to be around. He gave me a clipboard and told me to take notes about our offense. I had to detail which plays we ran. Since we only had four plays it was pretty easy.

The was sweep right. Sweep left. Up the middle. And a pass downfield where Bart just threw it up and the air and whatever happened is whatever happened.

Now the pass plays usually worked out really well. You see Bart would just loft it out there and usually old Max Magee would just pull it in. The defender was never around him so he could catch and run with the ball. You see Max stunk. Not that he was a bad player. It was just that he smelled bad. He never washed or brushed his teeth or cleaned his butt crack after he took a dump. So he really reeked and nobody wanted to get too close to him. It was all the defensive guys could do to tackle him when he caught a pass. It is hard to make an arm tackle when you are holding your nose.

Nobody wanted to hang around with him. Well except for Hornung.  He liked weird smells. I mean he was always talking about his bowel movements and his two ugly spaniels would crap all over the place. And all he ever wanted to eat was Indian food. That stuff really smells bad. So I guess his smeller didn't work all that well.

1 comment:

ndspinelli said...

Max was either a HEAVY drinker or an alcoholic. He was hung over for Super Bowl 1, thinking he wasn't going to play. He ended up being the hero.