Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Joey Gallo's Lament


Kelly and his partner were sitting at the dented green metal desks out in the detective room. Sipping bad coffee from a chipped mugs and staring into space. Not that they were conversationalists. Kelly mainly ruminated to himself. Ryan’s mind was as blank as his slack jawed expression. They had nothing to talk about.
A short rumpled Jew walked into the room. “I see that you have my client here Kelly. Are you going to charge him Kelly?”
“That’s Detective Kelly to you …you pipsquek kike cunt. Show a little respect or it will be you in chains.”
“Stop Kelly. Enough with the touris and the drama. Don’t make me make a call to the clubhouse. You know that this is wired. Unless you are going to charge him you can’t keep him.”
“I don’t have to do a fuckin’ thing boyo. Don’t be peddling your Jew shit here Cohen.”
“Do I have to call the City Council President for you Kelly. If you are not arresting him you have to kick him loose."
“NOT ON YOUR MISERABLE WORTHLESS LIFE! AND YOUR LIFE AIN’T WORTH SHIT TO ME!”
Myron Cohen just shook his head. “I don’t want to get in a pissing contest with a schmeckala like you Kelly. You know you have nothing. I have six witnesses that put Mr. Gallo at a card game at the time in question. So you don’t have a leg to stand on. Do yourself a favor and let him go. Or your envelopes in this precient might be a little light if you get my drift.”
Detective Ryan perked up at that. “Hey I need that dough Kelly. The wife wants to go to the Rockaways this weekend. This shit ain’t worth it.”
Kelly squinted at the diminutive Hebrew. “How do you know what this is about?”
“Everybody knows everything Kelly. There are no secrets in Brooklyn.”
“You have to let him go Kelly,” whined Ryan “I really need the money.”
Kelly hissed in distress. “Well I guess I will have to do it at that. Kick him loose Ryan. Oh and let him pick up any of teeth that might be on the floor.”

9 comments:

blake said...

Getcher ass outta Brooklyn
He said
Getcher ass out the door
Getcher ass outta Brooklyn
And pick your teeth up off the floor

windbag said...

I like it, but I don't know what Anwar Sadat has to do with this.

Trooper York said...

That is an in joke that only ricpic will get.

Michael Haz said...

RACISTS!!1!!

Or something.

ndspinelli said...

My old man would roar w/ laughter when Myron Cohen was on Ed Sullivan.

ricpic said...

Touris? The word is tsouris!

And the meaning is trouble.

Both the t and s are pronounced. Pronounced tsawris.

Myron Cohen in the ketskills. Dem days is gone forever.

The Dude said...

Troop is able to predict the future in his police zone.

ricpic said...

Although my Grandma simply said "The montains, let's go to the montains." You know that huge hill that Route 17 climbs to reach Sullivan (Solomon) County? In the old days every car, and I mean EVERY car overheated before making it to the top of that hill.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I remember that hill. I also remember the family car overheating.