Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Joey Gallo's Lament

Joey Gallo stood blinking on the stoop outside the 76th Precient. He was a little the worse for wear. A few bruises. A wrinkled suit. No regrets. Just hate that you could feel radiating from his soul.

“So Joseph I would imagine you will keep your nose clean while they are looking at you” said Myron Cohen. “You know that fat schemdrake will looking up your keister to find the Lindbergh baby. Let’s not give him a reason to lock you up.” “That’s what I pay you for Jew Boy. To keep that Irish fuck from locking my up. What the fuck do I pay the pad for if not to be left alone. You better get it straight. If that fuck pulls me in and tosses me around it is your ass that is gonna feel the fucking pain. Got it shyster?” “Ok, ok take it easy. You goyim are too excitable. I already threatened him with cutting off his rice bowl. That is why you got sprung. Now I have to go. The wife made a brisket and I want to go home to eat before my useless brother in law eats it all.” Cohen waddled off down Union St towards the Subway.

Joey straightened his tie and brushed his suit. He turned right down Union to walk to the club on President. He hoped that stupid kid got the bag to his brother. Cause if he didn’t he would have a big problem on his hands.

Joe Jelly and Sammy the Syrian were back outside on the kitchen chairs in front of the club smoking guinea stinkers and sipping on Manhattan Specials. It was just another day for them. Same shit. Different day.

“Hey Joe looking good” said Joe Jelly. “I thought we were gonna have to go in and bust you out like you were Jesse James or something.” “Yeah right. Did that dumb kid come by yesterday with a bag to give to Albert?” “Yeah he did” said Sammy. “Al took it in the back. He ain’t here though. He went to make some collections with Bobby B and Sal.” “Shit. I need to talk to him. Sammy get off you’re fuckin’ lazy A-rab ass and go find him.” “Jeez Joey he will be back soon.” “I said now you lazy fuck or I will smack you so hard your fuckin’ camel will have another hump. You hump.” “Ok, ok” mumbled Sam as he got up and went to look for the youngest Gallo brother.

Joey went into the club and opened the door to the cellar. He walked down the derelict stair case and over to the giant safe that sat in the back of the room in cobwebbed splendor. He ran the combination and pulled the heavy door open. He sighed a little in relief. There was the bag. He opened it. The slips were there. The money was gone but you had to expect that with his fuckin’ brother. But the gun was still there. That was what was important. That gat could put him in the chair. Joey took it out and spun the cylinder to make sure it wasn’t loaded. He tucked it into the small of his back and buttoned his suit. Slammed the door shut. Stood up and shot his wrinkled cuffs. He had to dump the piece before he got rousted again.

11 comments:

Michael Haz said...

Joey Gallo was a racist. It's all over the blogs. Of course, no one would say that to Joey's face, but the blognet gives people a false sense of courage.

Trooper York said...

He was a product of his time.

Aren't we all?

Trooper York said...

I can't be bothered with this new shit with all of the folks over at Lem's. Once Meade gets involved you know it is going to go really bad.

I don't trust myself to get in the pool because I might hold somebody under the water until they croak. Just sayn'

Trooper York said...

I did have to answer Palladian though.

Trooper York said...

Chickenlittle nailed it.

ricpic said...

Recovering from the heart thing. Major change in way of doing business with about 88 parts to that. Probable change of address. Writing three (or is it ten) novels or serials or whatevers simultaneously. How? HOW?! I consider getting out of bed a triumph. I mean not every day. But some days.

P.S. Not trying to butter you up. I'm just floored by what you are taking on. And frankly I wish you'd hold off for six months or as long as it takes the body to recover from the recent unpleasantness

Trooper York said...

Thanks ric but that is what my life has always been. Ten balls up in the air. With one hand on my balls to make nobody tries to cut them off. That's life buddy.

Trooper York said...

I am feeling a lot better.

Cody Jarrett said...

Saw this:

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents,
more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great
and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their
heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a
downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."


H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

rcocean said...

"I can no longer sit back and allow White Racist infiltration, White Racist indoctrination, White Racist subversion and the international White Racist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our African-American precious bodily fluids."

Crack's new post.

Chip S. said...

I went to Crack's site a little while ago and got a malware warning. Seems to involve the donation link.

Stuff like that is what makes me believe that the universe is overseen by a Supreme Ironist.