Saturday, July 18, 2009

Problems of a shopkeeper

Hey this isn't a problem it's a good thing. Yesterday we had one of the best days ever on just a regualr Friday. No special reason it just happened.

That's what happens in retail. You never know who is going to walk through the door. You might have three crap days in a row and then a blow out day. There really is no rhyme or reason.

The dress in the photo is a new one we got in from a well know vendor. I call it the Goldie Hawn dress because I told the girl who bought yesterday that she needed a pair of white go-go boots to go with it. She laughed but you know I could see she was thinking about it.

Now the interesting thing about this it that this company made about ten dresses in woman's sizing (10-28) for spring/summer and we took in about four styles. But when we went there last week they told us that they were not cutting any woman's for fall. Zero. Nada. None.

None of the majors have ordered anything for the fall. There will be a major drought in the woman's size other than the real low end retailer's like Chico's or the Avenue who make their own cheap Chinese 100% polyester dreck. I think a lot of people are in for a big surprise.

Since we are making our own dresses in rich vibrant colors and fabrics we might have days like this Friday every day.

I can only hope.

4 comments:

ricpic said...

I like this dress.

Trooper York said...

I have your size.

blake said...

White go-go boots go with anything, don't they?

Dust Bunny Queen said...

I would totally wear that dress!!

With 'cruel' f*ck me spikey purple heels.

Don't care for the white purse or white necklace however. Too stark. I would play up the darker tones.

Doncha love long distance criticism.... sorry. :-D