Friday, July 17, 2009

Remembrance of things Pabst,


It’s funny how things work out sometimes. I was joking with Hoosier Daddy about making a sandwich with Vanessa Del Rio and then it comes up in real life. Who’d a thunk it?

So we were real tired and we decide to go to the wine bar for a small meal of cheese and olives and prosciutto and a bottle of wine. We walk in and go to our favorite table at the back of the room where we always sit. You see I have the Doc Holiday, Wild Bill Hickok style of seating: always sit with your back to the wall so no one can sneak up on you and shoot you in the head. We walk in and sit down. And at the bar is trouble.

There was this couple that used to hang out at Cousins on Court St. Now back in the day Cousins was the only semi-cool bar in the Neighborhood. It had a jazz band and good food and a diverse crowd. Most of the other bars were a closed shop. I mean you had the Irish Bar with all the cops and the fireman. You had the Spanish bar with all wise and hot Latina babes. There weren’t many Italian bars but there were a few social clubs and cafes where they congregated. But Cousins had a more eclectic crowd.

So this couple was always in there and their act had to be seen to be believed. You see the wife had a very impressive set of hooters. And she always dressed to show them off. She would sit at the bar and make eye contact with any dude who would come in. Her husband would sit at the other end of the bar with the guys talking sports and getting drunk. Eventually she would get sloppy and start touching the guy and rubbing her ta-ta's against the poor unsuspecting dude and the husband would come over and be all "Hey what are you doing with my wife" and start a big beef and maybe duke it out with the guy or have them bounced out. Then they would go have wild angry sex. But that was only part of their act

You see the rumor was that they were swingers. A couple of friends of mine went out to dinner with them and at the end of a drunken night they both made moves on the other couple. So these skanks are trouble.

Anyway I know them pretty well but I didn't acknowledge them at all. They are part of my theory that you never say hello to regulars. And they had never met the wife. As soon as we sit down she turns to me and says, "Those skeezers are swingers aren't they?" You see the wife had tended bar for a long time and can size people up at a glance. We both had a laugh. Anyway they pay their check and then order another drink. And then they run out on the check.

So I told the owner the whole story and she tells me she is goiing to ban them. She doesn't want that kind of stuff in her joint. I mean I don't blame her. Cause if you let swingers in your joint you might end up with a big mess.

16 comments:

Darcy said...

Lisa cracks me up. Very funny, Trooper. Those kinds of people are so creepy. And lol about not saying hello to regulars! No nod or anything?

Seven weeks until my Lee Lee's makeover! Hee. :)

chickelit said...

Cause if you let swingers in your joint you might end up with a big mess.

Especially if they all take their laptops into the jacuzzi.

chickelit said...

*waves at Darcy, a regular*

Darcy said...

Hi ya, chickenlittle!

(I could never do that, but I'm laughing at Trooper's theory.)

chickelit said...

Since there's nobody else here yet, let me buy you a drink.

chickelit said...

Seven weeks until my Lee Lee's makeover!

That so needs to get blogged in someway.

Trooper York said...

Oh it will definitely be blogged. On both sites.

Plus we might do an meetup with Palladian and anyone else who is interested in showing up.

Trooper York said...

I am even going to invite Vanessa Del Rio.

Trooper York said...

Just so ricpic will show.

chickelit said...

Do you think Meadehouse will get to NYC on their road trip?

Meade used to practically live over here before all those pre-nup meds took over.

Trooper York said...

I don't know. Anything's possible.

chickelit said...

A little mood music, if a tad melancholy.
link.

Darcy said...

Oh, chickenlittle! That's a fabulous idea. I'll have a very dirty vodka martini, thank you!

chickelit said...

You got it Darcy,

Cheers!

Penny said...

Palladian?

Well now. It's a good thing he is a quiet man, otherwise I would smell him coming.

chickelit said...

Man it's a tough crowd over here.