Friday, January 30, 2009

Idol In Salt Lake City


Well the auditions for American Idol were too lengthy to comment on each and every contestant. So here are some highlights.

First up was one of the Osmond spawn. He brought on his dad who was one of the original Osmond brothers. Nicki or Margene I forget which one. Well both the father and son have MS and they tried to tug on our heart strings for a while and it was really uncomfortable. The dad was crying and blubbering and did everything but link to his sons blog. That’s too low rent even for the Osmond’s. He got through as a legacy pick.
Plus Randy banged both Donny and Marie back in the day. So he owes them

Next up is a big girl who dresses Goth and is really bad. It is sad really but they are gentle with her and even so she doesn’t take it well. I think there will be a lot of pins stuck in a Simon doll tonight.

Then there is this dude with his friend in a rabbit suit and the less said about that the better. I felt like I was in a live action Tales from Amy’s Garden.

There is this hippie single mom chick named Meghan who can sing a bit and gets through on quirkiness. You know this whole season seems to be rewarding quirkiness and I am bored.

The rest of the Salt Lake City Auditions sucked pretty badly. I mean there was this hippie chick with dirty feet that might make the final ten but other than that not much to write home about.

More to come. (that was last years losers)

2 comments:

blake said...

You've been watching "Big Love", I think.

knox said...

First up was one of the Osmond spawn.

I liked him (I know) but I was literally unable to tell how I would have felt about him if he didn't have MS. You can't help but cheer someone on in that situation. It is NOT fair for other contestants.

WTF with that physics guy from last time. (I am only catching up this week)