Friday, October 21, 2011

Would you believe......oy my yiddisher pickel?


Maxwell Smart: Phoebe, I want you to forget about Hymie.
Phoebe: But uncle Max, I think I'm in love with him.
Maxwell Smart: But Phoebe, you don't know anything about him. You don't know anything about his background and believe me, it's a strange one.
Phoebe: I wouldn't care if he came from a... junkyard.
Maxwell Smart: Funny you should put it that way.
Phoebe: Besides, a man's background is not important, it's what's inside that counts.
Maxwell Smart: Would you be surprised...
Maxwell Smart: Look Phoebe, I didn't want to tell you this but it's for your own good
[checks if no one is listening]
Maxwell Smart: Hymie is a cybernaut.
Phoebe: Uncle Max, I'm ashamed of you. A person's religion doesn't make any difference

3 comments:

Trooper York said...

Special thanks and acknowledgements to Fred you posted this originally in the comments.

chickelit said...

The only thing worse than a cybernaut is a cybernaught, at least according some.

ricpic said...

As long as the pickle is thick much is forgiven.

-- An ancient proverb inscribed over the entrance to the woman's wing of the 92nd St. Y.