Sunday, July 27, 2014

The work continues apace


A slow fucking pace.

Now we had two Mexicans working for us earlier in the week doing the rough painting. Putting on the primer and various scut work. Omar told me he had extra special Mexicans to do the wallpaper.  I asked them what made them so special. Did they sneak into the country in the trunk of a Cadillac instead of a Chevy? No. They were supposed to be expert wallpaper dudes.

Imagine my surprise when he showed up Saturday morning with a couple of brothers from Bed Stuy. Fair enough. I talked with them and they seemed to know their stuff. So they went to work.


They did the side wall and of course we had a problem. They were supposed to have enough to do the back wall but there was not enough. The dude did a great job matching up the repeat but we ended up with just one roll left. Not enough to do the back wall. So we decided to do the front portion which has a lot less wall space.

So he had to match the repeat on a lot of hard to reach places. They had to come back on Sunday and the one dude worked until ten at night. They got overtime which I was glad to pay but I let Omar handle it. I was going to give him another tip but Omar said no way. It is pretty funny how he doesn't like to tip.



His partner is already freaking out since they seriously underbid the job. I am not going to screw them and I will make it right so they make a reasonable wage. Still half of what it would have cost me with the other guy so it is a bargin. But it lets me teach him how to run a business. He kept forgeting stuff we talked about because he didn't write anything down. I told him he had to write out the whole job and then do the estimate. Then when I put on extra's he would have to adjust the price. He has no idea how to run a business. This is his maiden voyage as a contractor.

When you are a virgin you are going to get fucked. Just sayn'


13 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Problems of a store keeper.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

To be successful as a contractor you have to keep control of your prices and know (in advance) what is going to cost to get the job done. They are lucky they are dealing with you, because a lot of people in NYC would gladly screw them over on a first job not bid right.

And does Omar really think two black guys from Bed Sty are Mexican?

Shouting Thomas said...

Sorry for the off topic.

I just blocked Meade, Crack and Althouse from my e-mail account.

They sent me an e-mail solicitation to contribute to the career of that racist lowlife, Crack.

Hopefully, I've fixed things so that I'll never hear from that crew again.

Aridog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aridog said...

Shouting Thomas...you must be special...I only got Crack's message and that had little solicitation in it....other than to listen to some stuff I don't have time for anymore. If I'm not credited for what I have stood for in the past, and backed it up, why bother with anything more? Crack knows me better than to try to hustle me but not well enough to know his new angle is divergent from my consistent one over time.

I very seriously doubt Meade, the little man-cunt, would ever solicit anything from me...I have already established he is a fraud and a grifter and he knows it. His wife is no more likely to address me either.

I'd be fascinated how he/she approached the idea of contributing to anyone else but themselves...like a copy of a canceled check or something showing exactly what the little lying fuck actually sent himself...and even then I'd suspect forgery. No matter, until they get in to 4 figures, with all their big talk, they can kiss my anal crevasse.

Aridog said...

ST...BTW...if, by chance of sheer unmitigated gall, I DO get a message from Ann and her little "Traveler" turd-boy, I will promptly assign them to the junk/blocked category...as you have. I don't think even they have that much gall.

Chip S. said...

In solidarity w/ Crack et al., I'm getting my car washed by Mexicans today.

I mean, it's all about Whitey v. People of Color, right?

Aridog said...

Chip S...right. Maybe I can get my daughter to wash my car, she's qualified as a person of color....and I am a Mick Irishman. Unless Asians don't count.

Chip S. said...

Asians? No way. Too successful.

Chip S. said...

I opted for a full interior cleaning instead of the usual exterior-only. Plus a reasonable tip.

I hope Crack and Larry and Warhola appreciate it.

blake said...

It's true: Asians don't count.

Asians and any individual member of a minority group who has been personally successful.

Aridog said...

Blake & Chip S....oddly I agree with you..."Asians don't count" ...mainly because my kid is outstanding over all. None-the-less, she paid her dues in school and I paid mine beating the shit out of those who called her "chink." I only regret, today, that she didn't continue in Taekwondo rather than Yoga. Pbfffft.

A black belt in Taekwondo is worth the effort...not so you can attack others, but so you can block them. It's been over 40+ years and good luck hitting me. Blocking is the main thing, striking is the finale. :-)) These days, my best block is a 45.ACP ....go ahead with our pivot kick bitch:-))


blake said...

What it gets down to, Ari, is that Americans don't count.

Asians are happy to assimilate and seem to be able to do it without feeling like their identity is being threatened.