Saturday, July 26, 2014

Whose that girl?



She was married to a famous actor who was a much bigger knucklehead than I thought. I didn't know his politics or I never would have enjoyed his movies.

The rumor is that she was his beard but they say that about all the Hollywood types so who knows the truth. She was know as a great actress in serious roles but she was kinda cute in her day.

She starred in a movie that gave the name to a popular band in the 1980's and won an Academy Award.

Whose that girl?

7 comments:

Chip S. said...

You can't let people's politics ruin everything. I mean, her hubby made a pretty good salad dressing.

Shouting Thomas said...

I try to ignore the political views of artists.

Otherwise, I wouldn't survive a day in Woodstock.

The pressure to conform to a stark raving mad agenda is intense.

I try to ignore all of it. Sometimes, I succeed.

Trooper York said...

The rumor is he likes to toss the salad which is how he got interested
in dressing in the first place.

virgil xenophon said...

Troop/

I missed your Pvt Dick posting(regrets) but how could you omit my all-time classic/classy favorite (besides Garner) "Richard Diamond, Pvt Detective?" Always a hard finish suit with lots of "linen" showing for to display the ever-present cuff-links and, of course plenty of white showing around the high-cut collars--a dapper (but duly cynical) guy all the way..

(Remember his phone answering gal whose legs were the only thing than were shown? T'was Mary Tyler Moore)

I also liked Mike Hammer as well..

virgil xenophon said...

PS: About Woodward? You DO know she left her first husband for Newman, don't you?

virgil xenophon said...

Scratch that, Wiki claims her thing with Gore Vidal was an "engagement" an a false one at that. LOL I should have contacted the Chi Omegas at my alma mater (and hers) LSU.

rcocean said...

Gay? Really? Well, the 50s nickname "the Jewish James Dean" seems more appropriate.