Saturday, June 20, 2009

And your little dog too!


Well it has been an extremely busy week here at the store. Which is great but exhausting. We made a lot of sales but had a lot of extra cirruclar activity going on.


We had the show "Closet Cases" film on Wednesday. It was about a five hour shoot and it was pretty exhasuting for everyone involved. There were about twelve people in the crew and the logistics were tough. I didn't do like I usually do for "What Not to Wear" and I just served pastries and coffee. But I think the shoot went very well and they will have a great episode. It is supposed to be a special called "Fashion at any age" with women who are in their twenties, thirties and forties. We had the woman in her forties and she found some great stuff. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.


Anyway before all this happened three dudes come in who say they are stylists for a movie and want to pull some clothes. Which is fine as far as it goes because we have new policies that make it worth our while. But there was a problem. One of them had one of those little yapping frou-frou dogs in a carrier. We have a strict policy at Lee Lee's. No dogs.


Now me personally I love dogs. I mean real dogs. Big sloppy dogs that jump up with their muddy paws and get you all dirty. Dogs that have a kerchief tied around their neck and run around catching a Frisbee. Dogs that run with you in the park or swim with you in the ocean. That stick their big doggie heads out the window and let their tongues hang out as you are speeding down the highway.


But we have a big problem with dogs. You see many of the hipster doufous assholes who have moved into the neighborhood have these tiny frou-frou dogs instead of kids. And they think they can take the dogs anywhere they want to go. I mean they go "Oh don't worry I will pick him up." Yeah that works. You have him in one hand then you get tied and move him to the other hand. Meantime you touch a silk dress with the dog hair smeared hand. Plus how are you going to try something on if you are holding a dog.


The first week we were open someone walked in with a frou-frou dog on a leash. Before we could say anything the dog took a leak right on the floor. The woman looked at us. Didn't say anything. Picked up the dog and ran out of the store. So we had a policy from then on, No dogs No exceptions.


Now if you want to tie your dog up outside I will be happy to stand outside and watch him for you. Which you have to do in this neighborhood because officious nosy bastards will stop and go in a self important voice "Whose dog is this, they shouldn't leave it tied up outside." To which I would reply " Well it ain't your dog asshole so why don't you just move on down along the highway allright." These people would never have stopped if it was a kid tied up to the parking meter.


Anyway back to the story at hand. So one of the guys has this dog in a fancy leather crate. I tell sorry dude no dogs. He starts going on and on. "I don't understand. I bring this do everywhere like this. Saks, Bloomingdale's, on the airplane...blah..blah...blah...I don't understand." "Dude it is easy to understand. No dogs means no dogs. It's simple. No dogs." His buddies tell him to wait outside and he does muttering away all the while. They came to get clothes and it was business. I am sure if they could get them somewhere else they would tell me to go fuck myself. But it wasn't personal. All I had to do is let this jemoke in with a dog and have one of my regular customers pass by and see it and they would bust my balls unmercifully and I might even lose customers. That's why a fucking rule is a rule. No dogs dude.


Anyway they are picking up the stuff today and lets hope it works out.


But no dogs dude.

2 comments:

Trooper York said...

Well the guy came and took the stuff and even picked up another leather trenchcoat. He said they will be doing a bunch of fittings so that's pretty cool.

Sometimes the best relationships start off with a little bump in the road but as long as you set parameters everyone knows where they stand.

blake said...

Good fences make good neighbors.