Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hey I always stick with my team.


I have to admit that I am a bit of a snob about Italian food. I hate the big chains and always prefer to find a mom and pop restaurant to go to even when I am in the boonies.


But now Olive Garden has gone and screwed that up. They went and canceled all their commercials on David Letterman because of his douchebaggery. So now I have to support them and go to their restaurant.


That not to say that their food is bad. It's just corporate you know. Like Applebees and TGIF and stuff like that. Very good for what it is but not what I am used to. But they can be sure that if I have to go to one of those suburban joints, I will now always pick the Olive Garden.


Good show guys. I am on your team. I won't forget.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

People like to rag on Olive Garden, but I think they're about the best chain restaurant out there.

True, it's not really great, but if you're travelling and are in a strange city and don't know where to eat, Olive Garden is always a tolerable choice where you won't get poisoned or even think, "What a rotten meal!"

As corporate as it is, I agree: Any entity that says goodbye to David Letterman can't be that bad.

Unknown said...

That's good logic, Theo, but I rate Macaroni Grill above Olive Garden.

blake said...

I'm with Theo. I despise the notion of going to corporate chains--not out of any anti-corporateness, but because they tend to be so uninspired.

But I kind of like the Olive Garden. I don't go much, but I don't recoil at the notion, either.

We've had some great mom & pops, but they don't last long.

An Edjamikated Redneck said...

Troop; if you are ever in Cincinnati let me know.

I will take you to the BEST Mom and Pop Italian resturant- Pompillio's.

Rain Man (Hoffman and Cruise) was filmed there, but the food hasn't suffered.

Did I mention that their liquior license number is "1"? Issued in 1933.

An Edjamikated Redneck said...

Not to take away from The Olive Garden; if I ever need a cannoli and I am not near Pompillio's. Olive garden it is!

Ralph L said...

My step-monster barfed herself silly after eating at Applebee's--two thumbs up from me!