Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm as busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.


Hey, I am out at a client today on my weekly visit to the city, so I won’t be doing a lot of posting until tonight.

I will however accept questions. Especially planted questions because they are the best kind.

I spent a couple of hours weeding the backyard yesterday because we are going to host a brunch for the family after my granddaughters first Holy Communion. The wife insisted I hire a gardener but the guys I called all needed weeks notice to fit me in. Even illegal immigrants schedule their jobs on their I-phones these days. WTF?

Anyways I just blew through it like I usually did. We used to plant a lot in the backyard when the wife worked at the restaurant as we had big blowout barbeques every weekend. They were great because a lot of the guests were waitresses and bartenders and bar backs and they pitched right in to clean up when everything was done. Now it’s all up to Grandpa.

Tomorrow I will be working on some of the food. You know salads that will stay until Sunday. Potato Salad. A macaroni salad with basil, ricotta salada and cherry tomatoes and stuff like that.

Plus shopping for the party. And the wife is on a panel discussion for the plus size industry in a big event on Friday. So your humble correspondent will be busting his ass trying to get everything done.

I wish Laura Bush, Kelly Clarkson, Hazel, Fiver and Bigwig were able to lend a hand. Lazy bastards..

12 comments:

chickelit said...

It sounds like you're just manning up, taking care of what needs to be done.

We'll survive!

I wish Laura Bush, Kelly Clarkson, Hazel, Fiver and Bigwig were able to lend a hand. Lazy bastards...

You mean like in The Little Red Hen?

ice160 said...

We'll need to see the recipes, of course!

Hoosier Daddy said...

Nothing like a cold crisp salad when it's 90+ degrees outside. With a nice Peroni to wash it down.

Anonymous said...

Hey, run over to Wal-Mart and get a pint or two of their potato salad. I'm certain it'll dazzle the taste buds of all those guests.

Trooper York said...

Sorry but I always make my own potato salad.

Also believe it or not but there is no Wal-Mart in New York City.

Anonymous said...

Really...no Wal-Mart? Hmmmm, I guess we're even, because we have no Macy's here in western NC.

We do have moonshine for our garden parties.

Anonymous said...

...and tobacco is considered a vegetable in our state.

Trooper York said...

Governor Patterson is considered a vegetable in our state

chickelit said...

Governor Patterson is considered a vegetable in our state

You're just lucky he'll never see that here!

Trooper York said...

That's true, he does turn a blind eye to most things these days.

So to speak.

Anonymous said...

He might take a dim view of this thread.

blake said...

You know, they have good ass-kicking prosthetics these days. You can only have one for your standing leg, though. Having one for your kicking leg is considered an unfair advantage.