Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tales of Kelly's Garden


Fiver: There's something very queer about the warren this evening.
Hazel: Is it dangerous?
Fiver: No it’s not danger, it's... oh, I don't know. It seems like the lady in the cottage is very happy.
Bigwig: I know what it is. The lady in the cottage has some house guests.
Hazel: Who are they? Are they anyone famous? I love it when she has celebrities visit. Like that nice Will I Am. I hear he is but you can’t tell him or he will punch you in the face.
Bigwig: No I think it is her father who came to visit. She is very happy. She had a bunch of presents for him and made a big dinner. I think she said she was serving cool beans whatever that is. Anyway it is some big holiday.
Fiver: What holiday? It’s not Easter cause there are no chocolate bunnies or little marshmallow chickadees that the lady will puke out after having too much tequila.
Hazel: That was the other cottage where the lady was throwing up all the time. Maybe it is Arbor day?
Bigwig: No it’s called Father’s Day. That’s when you celebrate your father and have a big dinner and be nice to him even if you hate him all the rest of the year.
Hazel: Really, why would they do that?
Bigwig: I don’t know. But it seems that the moms usually get all the credit and the dads get one day a year so they have to enjoy it while it lasts. Oh and there is one other big thing.
Fiver: What’s that? Firecrackers? I hate firecrackers.
Bigwig: Presents. Your children give you lots and lots of presents. I think us rabbits should institute the same holiday. After all we all have children.
Hazel: That’s not even possible.
Bigwig: Why not?
Hazel: What the hell am I going to do with 2175 bottles of Old Spice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that she looks like Micky Dolenz of the Monkees.