Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Problems of a shopkeeper


What a freakin busy day today.


This TV show is filming today in the store. It is called "Closet Cases" and no it is not Luckyoldson's life story. It stars this dude called Lloyd Boston who takes a woman and picks out outfits and helps her get a new look. Much like "What Not to Wear" but for the Style Network. Anyway I got in early to get the store ready. But the best laid plans of mice and men always gets fucked up.


You see these three dudes come and they are stylist for a movie that is going to shoot in Brooklyn starring Queen Lathifa. So they wanted to pull a bunch of clothes to show her for wardrobe in the movie. Now you guys know we have been through this shit before. We sent out tons of clothes to people like Jennifer Hudson and Adele and they ended up picking very little because the skinny ass stylist don't know what the fuck they are doing. Now this guy seemed to know what was what. And the benefit was the movie was supposed to be based on a winter time holiday story so they wanted coats and heavy winter stuff so it won't be such a big deal if it is out of the store. So I was running in the back and pulling stuff and bringing it out front for them to check out. We have wised up and now we charge a restocking fee for the stuff they take because it is a big inconvenience for us to take the stuff out of storage bags and steam it and pack it for them. So it will be worth our while this time.


The stylist was a real smart dude and he knew his stuff. He knew a lot of other stylists who come to us all the time and he was so happy to find us as a source for plus sized clothing. He told me he was going to try to bring Queen Lathifa to the store. I told him I didn't want Queen Lathifa to come but if Dana Owens wanted to come she would be more than welcome. You see the regular people who shop every day are the stars in our store. They are the ones we need to take care of and they are the ones who deserve the special treatment.


Anyway we do all the paperwork and they split and the TV crew didn't even come yet. So we had to fix up the store. I was busy vacuuming and cleaning and moving shit around. They are filming now and it looks like it is really going well. I have never seen the show so I hope it works out. But you can never throw away free advertising and these cable shows run over and over again so I think it is a good thing.



5 comments:

jeff said...

Well should Ms Owens show up, make sure she knows there is a guy in the midwest that thinks she is smoking hot.

dr kill said...

And when the show goes into international syndication you will need one of those phones that says press uno for Spanish, zwei for German, and thalassah for Arabic.

jeff said...

speaking of which is there any technical reason why my bank can't tell my account I would really like to do all my business in English? I hate driving up to a ATM that faces the sun where I can barely read the god damn screen and I have to tell it what language I speak. How hard would it be to add that to my card?

blake said...

jeff--

What if you changed your mind? Eh? Didn't think about that now did you?

Really, the banks are way smarter than us. That's why they have all the money!

Beth said...

Damn, does Queen L. look good in this picture.