Monday, October 27, 2008

Am I a soft touch?

There is this elderly woman who lives on the block of the store. She is a cancer survivor with a buzz cut who has one of those wheely things that serves as a walker but she can sit down in too. Anyway I always say hello to her and stop to talk. She is often in front of the senior citizens center down the block. Anyways she calls me over to ask me a question. She says "Can Morgan Stanley stop payment on a check." She was supposed to get a check today and she didn't get it. She said when she called up that said that she would get it in a few days when things "calmed" down. And could I lend her $20 because she had absolutely no money and would pay me back Friday when she got her Social Security check. I said sure. I don't know if the story was true,but to be honest there was an odor of Icelandic fish oil to it, but what's twenty dollars. She went and bought milk and bread in the bodega next store. So that's fine with me. I just hope I don't have a bunch of old ladies lining up at the door tomorrow. Some of those bitches own five brownstones and have more money that Bill Gates.

13 comments:

Meade said...

If in fact a bunch of ladies line up at the door tomorrow, you will go "next store" and buy loaves of bread and cans of tuna - enough to make sandwiches to nourish each and every one of those bitches. You will have no choice. Why? Because you are Trooper York. Saint Trooper York.

Ritmo Re-Animated said...

You want to see a soft touch? Huh? Tough Guy? You want to see a soft touch? I'll show you a soft touch!

Ok. Maybe yours is softer.

Ritmo Re-Animated said...

Oh wow. They really should make permalinks more conspicuous on this version of Blogger, shouldn't they?

I'm Full of Soup said...

Classic Trooper - people know you have a soft heart. Nothing wrong with that buddy.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Meade:

At the beatification, we can all brag we knew him way back when before he got the official halo.

Meade said...

AJ, we were there, man!

blake said...

That's what makes con-men so repulsive; they make you question your charity.

Trooper York said...

Hey Montana, is that a picture of when Pamela Anderson had sex with Steven Segal?

Trooper York said...

You got screwed with that rain delay AJ. What a rip-off. They better get it done tonight or all hell is gonna break loose.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Trooper:

Yeah but look at it this way.

With all that rain, it would be much harder and messier for us Philadelphians to celebrate (aka riot, loot, burn and pillage) in a drunken stupor.

Asante Samuel said...

The chance to determine someone's real character for only a double sawbuck? Sign me up.

Asante Samuel said...

Nice job beating the hated Steelers. Have a laugh at Steely McBeam while you're at it. And Pitt lost too.

Nice weekend to be a Philly fan. Bullies, Phils, Birds, and Nits all danced. Cool.

Kill the Cowboys, please

Peter V. Bella said...

I agree with Meade, except you shold make them all fish tacos.