Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tales from Amy’s Garden.

Fiver: There's something very queer about the warren this evening...
Hazel: Is it dangerous?
Fiver: It's not exactly danger, it's... oh, I don't know. Something oppressive... like thunder.
Fiver: I feel it too. The lady in the cottage seems very angry. She is cursing and yelling and throwing wine bottles out of the window.
Hazel: Well I think the lady is getting even stranger. She was raving about being mentioned in a magazine. That seems kind of silly to be upset about something like that.
Fiver: Isn’t that a good thing?
Hazel: I don’t know. I know it was very bad to be talked about in print for Bigwigs sister. She was mentioned in a book.
Fiver: Why is that bad?
Hazel: It was a cook book.
Fiver: Well I don’t think she has to worry. It doesn’t look like she has gotten cooking with anybody in a long time.
Hazel: Except for her friend Jack Daniels.
(Watership Down, 1972)

4 comments:

blake said...

OK, so are you Baron Zemo, too?

Trooper York said...

Me, no way. I will plead the 5th on Walter Neff though.

Trooper York said...

Sometimes when I want to be mean I use Walter. This keeps Trooper York nice and cuddley, you know what I mean?

I think I need to come up with a new identity to shake things up on Althouse.

blake said...

Yeah, I thought maybe you were being Baron Zemo when you wanted to be really mean.

I've toyed with being the "blogging cock" that Althouse suggested but I'm just way too busy.