Saturday, October 18, 2008

When you run a business all you do if write checks.

So I was in the back of the store today paying bills. Electric,phone,payroll, federal payroll tax, state payroll tax, city payroll tax, federal unemployment insurance, New York State unemployment insurance, workers compensation insurance, liability insurance,cable tv, internet connection and medical insurance. Before I pay for any of the stuff that I have to buy so I can have something to sell to make the money to pay for all of that stuff. I wonder if Barack Obama or John McCain ever had to do that?

I don't think so.

2 comments:

blake said...

Closest would be McCain running a military base. There you have budgets and payrolls and the like. And he did it in the late '70s, so money was tight, too.

sonicfrog said...

Yeah, that is the part that sucks most about owning your own business; paying the bills... especially when the bills are higher than the money coming in!!!