Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tom Tresh, Yankee great, rest in peace.

Tom Tresh the old Yankee outfielder died yesterday at 71. He was in the outfield with Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris in the early sixties for the Yankees when my dad first started taking me to games. I remember I got a Tommy Tresh bat on bat day I think in 1963. He was always running into walls and playing his ass off. But his career tailed off after 1964 and was never the same player. But when he came back for old Timers day I always cheered my ass for him. He reminded me of those great days when I was a kid and my dad used to take me to the Stadium even though he was a dyed in the wool Met's fan. Tommy Tresh, rest in peace brother.

1 comment:

I'm Full of Soup said...

Damn 71 isn't that old. I remember him too. Had a few good years then fizzled out.