Saturday, October 25, 2008

We have to go to a Christening tomorrow.

We have to go to a Christening tomorrow for my wife's brothers new baby. What pisses me off is no one is going to the mass before the ceremony. They are just going to the house and then to the ceremony. It is so hypocritical. I mean I go to Mass every Sunday and I think if you want the kid to be baptized you should do the same. Just don't show up at baptism, first communion, confirmation, weddings and funerals. But that's what so many Catholics do these days. I asked why can't we all go to the Mass first and then the Baptism. I didn't get a satisfactory explication. But what are you going to do. With the wife's family I have a policy. Keep your mouth shut. That's the only way to survive.

What really sucks is that there is a great Giants game that I have to tape. Boy does this suck or what?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You mean the Steelers game in Heinz Field? I'll be watching, and I doubt we're rooting for the same team.

Asante Samuel said...

You are referring to cafeteria Roman Catholics, I believe. Is there any other kind?

The cool thing is that they can go to confession once in a while and convince themselves all is forgiven.

In Islam, all one need do is circle the Kaaba seven times. But the don't watch the Giants in the Kingdom. That's the only difference I can see.

blake said...

I'm always amused at how much more I know about Catholicism than most of the Catholics I know...

Trooper York said...

Jeeez the Steelers are doing good here in third quarter. We seem to have a lot of injuries in the defensive backfield. We have to step it up.

Trooper York said...

Hey the Giants pulled through there rightwingprof. But I think we might see you guys in the Super Bowl.