Thursday, October 9, 2008

Did S.M. Stirling really drop a comment at Trooper York?

Someone used the name of S.M. Stirling to write a comment on my post about putting out snippets or sample chapters of their books online. If it was really him than that is way cool.

Mr. Stirling is one of my favorite authors who has written several great series of science fiction books that I heartily recommend to any one who enjoys great stories.

His series The Island in The Sea of Time (The Nantucket series) is a great exercise in alternative history. The companion series "Dies the Fire" and "The Sunrise Lands" deal with the effects of what happened in the Nantucket series from another perspective. Pick up these books today and you will have a lot of fun.

I just can't believe that someone that famous would read my little blog. I thought it was just me and blake and aj and rc and knox and reader and pogo and dust bunny and 1jpb and Zach Sire and Montana and perchia and few others. This is way cool for an chootch from Brooklyn let me tell you.

4 comments:

blake said...

Well, if I were Stirling, I'd be ego-surfing regularly and seeing what the fans were saying. It's good business and it gets you out of the bubble.

I've gotten that once or twice, though not with an author.

Hoosier Daddy said...

Stirling collaberated with Pournelle on his Falkenberg series which for me, pretty much sets the bar for military sci-fi.

Great stuff

Trooper York said...

You have to read his Dies the Fire series and the new one with the latest book being the Scourge of God. Great stuff.

Also his earlier Nantucket series starting with the Island in the Sea of Time where the island of Nantucket it transported back in time to the era of Illiad. Historical figures show up and it is a lot of fun.

S.M. Stirling said...

Well, if I were Stirling, I'd be ego-surfing regularly and seeing what the fans were saying. It's good business and it gets you out of the bubble.

-- precisely. Wonders of Google and all that!