Sunday, October 19, 2008

We got screwed by a celebrity again.

You know when you are Italian you are very superstitious so I was stupid to mention that Adele might wear some of our stuff on SNL last night. I must of jinxed it as she someone stuff that we did not recognize. She was a very hard fit as she would only wear black, silver or grey so the choices were very limited. We don't know if she is going to keep any of the stuff we sent, they might send it all back.

The outfit she picked for the show was nice and she looked good, but if my wife could have dressed her we could have made her look like a knock out. We have a beautiful Donna Rico dress that is black but her tits would have been out there and her waist would have been defined and with the right chunky jewelry she would have looked like a million bucks.

This is the problem with celebrities. They have stylists who come and ask for a lot of stuff that you send to them for the client to choose from with advice from the stylists. But my wife is a much better stylist than 99% of the skinny girls who are trying to style girls in our size range of 10-28. She sees literally hundreds of women of every body type and can make anyone look great. So it would really benefit these celebrities if they actually came to the store where she could dress them properly.

In fact my position is that I don't want to send anything out to celebrity stylists.

After watching the Rachael Zoe reality show, we got to see how they treat the clothes and it pisses me off big time. I feel that our customers are the regular people who shop with us. The doctors and judges and secretaries and all the bus driver ladies who came from the Bronx to buy Tadashi gowns for the Bus Drivers Ball. They are who is important. Not some singer or actress with a sense of entitlement and lack of fashion sense who is relying on other peoples opinions. But I am a working class guy who hates celebrities in general so I guess I am the wrong one to judge.

But so far these famous people have screwed us every time.

7 comments:

Randy said...

I'm so sorry to read this. I hesitate to say that I was afraid this would end up being the case because I am far removed from the business you are in. That said, I've heard others in unrelated businesses say the same thing as you just did here: "But so far these famous people have screwed us every time."

Even if the product comes back, it probably won't be in salable condition will it? You end up eating the loss.

It seems to me that this makes sense written this way: The doctors and judges and secretaries and all the bus driver ladies who came from the Bronx to buy Tadashi gowns for the Bus Drivers Ball. They are who is important. Not some singer or actress with a sense of entitlement and lack of fashion sense who is relying on other peoples opinions. In fact my position is that I don't want to send anything out to celebrity stylists. So it would really benefit these celebrities if they actually came to the store where she could dress them properly.

IOW, if the celebs won't come to you, they were never a customer anyway, just someone looking for something for free. No one appreciates whatever is available for free, do they?

JMO. No offense intended.

Trooper York said...

They have to give us a credit card for what they take and if it comes back damaged we charge them for it. They only pay for it if they keep it. Nothing is for free.

You do not get free advertising so it is not worth it for you to give it to them for free. I must admit that nothing has ever come back damaged when we sent it out, but the time and effort involved in sending it out is a dead loss. Plus you don't have the stuff in the store to sell to real people.

It is often worse when you send stuff to big time magazines. We sent a bunch of stuff that ended up being cut because they are prejudiced against big sizes or other prejudices that I don't want to get into. Free advertising is a chimera; you really get what you pay for in this world.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

I'm so glad you told me that she wasn't wearing any of LeeLee's items. She looked o.k., but I thought the dress was cut way too short and made her legs look like pylons on the Brooklyn Bridge. A slightly different hemline would've made a world of difference. And I second Randy's notion: no shop stop, no freebies. The whole value of your Valise is that LeeLee put it together.

Also: The dog's name should be BARK Hussein O'Bama. Barky for short.

Peter V. Bella said...

But I am a working class guy who hates celebrities in general so I guess I am the wrong one to judge.

But so far these famous people have screwed us every time.


What do you expect from those pukes? But have no fear. one day they will hire a big beautiful woman as a stylist. Pigs will fly, hell will freeze over, and the Cubs will win the World Series.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Hey, there, Peter. Don't go raining on my parade. I was a little girl and I remember watching Ernie Banks and listening to the Cubbies on WGN.

It's a beautiful day for a ballgame, for a ballgame today.
The fans are out to get a ticket or two
From Walla Walla, Washington to Kalamazoo....

Trooper York said...

Her outfit was not anything like what we sent. But she was in her comfort zone so who are we to critizie. I do think the lenght was wrong and he black tights just make that more promient. She went her own way, what are you gonna do. I just hope she keeps some of the stuff we sent. She did the last time when she was on the Letterman show. A sale is a sale you know. It's just a shame that she is missing out.

Trooper York said...

We do get two or three Brits or Germans every week in the store. The love our stuff especially the more fashion forward stuff. We have a girl from Switzerland who came four times in 15 months. She just shows up whenever she is in town.