Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thanks Professor Althouse for the kind words.

It was very nice of the professor to speak well of me. She has always been very kind to me. I just do what I like to do. The best posts are these pure parodies of the scholarly tomes quoted by these nerds who are arguing so earnestly about these issues like their opinion means jack shit.

I think having a distinctive style helps a lot and also repetition makes it more recognizable. But many of the commenter bring just as much to the table. Blake’s knowledge of movies and reviews are always on the money. Ricpic’s poetry is great and always on point. Meade has tons of very funny one liners and Ruth Anne sticks the shiv in now and again while keeping everything on track. Madison Man and Beth remind all of us more conservative commenter's that not all liberals are barking lunatics. AJ Lynch chimes in with the word from Philly and RC Ocean keeps us straight with our civil war generals. Zach Sire gives an interesting youthful slant so we know what all the youngsters think. Knox and Dust Bunny Queen give a female slant to what often seems like a sausage fest. Speaking of which Pallidian plays the curmudgeon role to a T. Bissage is comedy gold. Simon is very amusing as he tries to hump the professor’s leg. Where would we all be if we didn’t have Mort to tell us we are all racists? Thank God we have reader_iam to lecture us on how frivolous we are in the comments.

Everybody has a place to fit in there and it is the interaction of the regulars that makes it fun. I have just been bored lately as the store has been a little slow because of the Jewish holiday (don’t get Cedarford started) and I had more time to compose my nonsense. Thank God that we are making our targets money wise but it is in spurts so there is a lot of down time.

Maybe I should start on my memoir of my days as a drinking man “Remembrance of Things Pabst.”

16 comments:

Sprezzatura said...

vbspurs?

Trooper York said...

Ask ricpic about that one. Hee hee.

Trooper York said...

I mean I like her and all but overwhelming cheeriness is not my cup of tea. So to speak. I prefer the tart.

Trooper York said...

But I want to say 1jpb you are a very generous commenter on a lot of blogs and I want to thank you for your participation here. Drop in anytime and feel free to spout any liberal bullshit you want because I want everyone to be welcome.

Trooper York said...

Just kidding dude, everything spouted here is bullshit.

Sprezzatura said...

Marx rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trooper York said...

I never cared for Peter Marx but hey whatever floats your boat. What do you think of Michael Bolton?

reader_iam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trooper York said...

Then what is it baby.

Trooper York said...

Today we had more hall monitors jumping ugly. I think people should talk about what ever they want to talk about regardless of what the thread is about. You call it anarchy....I call it

FREEEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!.

(Imagine me naked and painted blue and riding a horesy).

reader_iam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trooper York said...

Say what you mean and mean what you say girlie.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Troop:

Bissage seems to have disappeared since Althouse called him wonderful.

What is up with that I wonder? Maybe he has gone and gotten an agent.

Trooper York said...

Sometimes we read too much into stuff. I was really busy for a while and didn't post and everyone wanted to know where I was and all. Bissage is probably just busy with Mrs. Bissage and I am sure he will be posting soon enough.

Let's go Phillies.

Elvis will be a Yankee next year, Oh Yeah!

blake said...

You and Mrs. O'Leary's twat saved that thread, by the way.

Zachary Sire said...

Don't forget Maxine!

You know, your comments are among the only ones I read. The people you named are also in that group.