Friday, October 17, 2008

What people who live in a dream world don't know about the real world.

So last night it is about 8:30 and the wife and two employees are out front working on stuff. I went to the bathroom and while I did two guys come into the store. One walks around and is obviously casing the joint and the other stands in front of the big mirror talking to himself and making faces. "Is this the big ladies store"..."I know you don't want us in here"..."My boy here needs something for his moms" Anyway I come out of the bathroom and look on the monitor and see the two mooks so I come bursting out of the back room from behind the curtain. "OH there is a man in the Ladies Store...a big man" I ask them what's up while my wife who has her hand on the bat behind the bar the whole time says "You guys don't really want anything...you are full of shit" and the one drunk mook goes "It's discrimination...you don't want men in the ladies store ...it's Rachel.."

What the fuck is Rachel?

Oh racial. No it's not. I herd them out the door and tell them no men allowed unless they are with a woman. I have been in a bad mood lately so I might have growled a little. But they left like gentlemen, even shook my hand.

You see they mistook a Brooklyn store for a yuppie store. Everyone had a bat or a box cutter or the big huge fabric scissors right at hand, and they knew it. You can't be polite. You can't be mealymouthed. You can't give an inch.

The last time I had to throw someone out was when Althouse visited. But that's another story.

3 comments:

blake said...

lol

Didja hafta throw Althouse out?

Trooper York said...

Well she came one day while they were filming "What Not to Wear." And this stalker girl that was after Clinton weaseled her way into the store while we were filming and I had to throw her out. Althouse and her friend were there at the same time. The funny thing was that the crew thought they were much weirder than the stalker and even mentioned it the next time they filmed. I laughed and laughed.

Meade said...

"it's Rachel"

ha ha ha ha ha! That needs to become a meme. From now on, when people say, "I'm voting for Barack because it will be so historic and blah blah blah to have an africanamerican president," I'm going to say, "Oh, so you're a rachelist."