Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Where I almost killed a Yuppie bitch.

So I have been dragging my ass the last two weeks as we have been doing seven days a week in the store and I have a lot of work doing the taxes for final extensions. My idiot clients were finally sending me the information so I could finish the returns. My leg has been killing me which makes it even more fun.

Now normally I take the subway to Flatbush Avenue to get the Long Island Railroad to take it to my office in Long Island. But there are seven long stairways to walk up and down as the Fulton St stop on the G train sucks donkey dick. Since my leg is killing me I can't face all that especially now that I am exhausted.

So I have been taking a cab to the railroad and skipping the subway. What I do is go to Clinton St where all the cabs go to pick up fares on the way to Manhattan. There are always cabs there all hours of the day and night.

Anyway, I am in an exhausted daze as I get to the corner and wait for a cab. After about ten minutes one starts to pull up. I hear someone screeching "Excuse me, excuse me but I have been waiting here for ten minutes for a cab." Some woman comes from across the street and starts for the cab. Now cab etiquette is that if you are waiting for a cab you go to the corner where the cab has to stop. Not the next corner. I never even noticed the cunt. She was a typical yuppie who had just moved into the neighborhood with a sense of entitlement and a copy of the New York Times under her arms. I said "Lady I never saw you are you bullshitting me." "No I was really waiting for ten minutes" as she got into the cab. So I say "Well I think you are a lying sack of shit but go a head." I was just too tired to argue. The cab driver was pissed as I think I had been in his cab a few days before and had given him a good tip. He goes "If you want to get in to go to Manhattan after I drop her off we can do that sir." "No that's ok you are stuck with the bitch."

Back in the day I might have lost my temper, but what are you gonna do.

3 comments:

Darcy said...

Ugh. I'm glad you showed restraint, though. :)

May I ask what is wrong with your leg?

I like the LIRR. I ride that to the US Open when I go.

Trooper York said...

I have really bad vericose veins so if I don't wear my old lady stockings I drag my leg like Igor in Young Frankenstein.

Darcy said...

Oh! I'm sure that's very painful. I'm very sorry to hear that.

On a happier subject...I would love to have your list of your top 30 Westerns when you have a chance.

Do you have a favorite? The Searchers comes to mind...