Saturday, October 4, 2008

Things are slow today

I am in the store on Saturday morning and things are a little slow. There are several street fairs going on and a flea market across the street so that is understandable. We got quite a few calls and emails about the show last night and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

The funny thing about that subject is that she really hated dresses. So none of the dress they had on the show were from our store other than the ones she tried on in the store. She didn't pick any of them but took pocket books and jeans instead. So I hope that you don't think some of those hideous dresses at the end of the show were from Lee Lee's. They sent the stylist out to buy the dresses for her since she adamantly refused to pick out any for herself.

Blake emails that the Flower liked the green dress. I think that would be the green Donna Rico she had on right after the polka dot halter. That dress sold out this summer only with the same dress body in purple. We specialize in dresses and in fact most people in the neighborhood call us the "dress store." So it was pretty funny that Cheyenne couldn't find any dresses.

Our philosophy at Lee Lee's is that you have to be happy with what you purchase. Either in the store or on-line. I don't want you to be looking at a dress in your closet and being pissed off because someone talked you into buying something you didn't want.

I had a very tough customer this morning. She was in the store with her mom and had a lot of issues. My wife had helped her buy a dress before but I couldn't do anything with her because she refused to engage on more than a superficial level. I put her in a beautiful black long sleeve cocktail dress that wasn't expensive and made her look very sexy. Her mother loved it. She hated it. If my wife was there she would probably have bought it. But hey what are you gonna do? It's better that she comes back and doesn't feel that we oversold her on something. At least that's the way I feel about it.

1 comment:

blake said...

My grandfather sold iceboxes for bars. (That makes me feel old just bringing it up.)

But the way he sold them was just to go into bars and have a beer. He'd chat up the bartender a bit. Figured since he had the best product and everyone knew that, a hard sell wasn't going to help.

He was very successful.

Apart from being an alcoholic and a diabetic, most likely, and dying before I was born.

I'm told he was also a great dancer, baseball player and a pro pool shark. (My grandmother's dad made him quit the sharking before he'd let 'em get married.)

Funny thing: None of those skills seem to have survived in the family.