Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cousin Anthony came over yesterday.

My cousin came over to visit yesterday. Well actually my wife's cousin but I consider him my cousin now. It's funny how you get close to your wife's family when you have been married for a while. At least the ones you like. Some of them I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, but Anthony is way cool. He used to be an FBI agent and now he is in the seminary studying to be a priest. We went out with a bunch of people to have thin crust pizza and some wine in a local pub across the street from my house. Just as the food comes, Anthony says "Hey we have to say grace." So we all say a prayer in the midst of a bar with music blasting and people shouting and cursing about the Ranger game. But that was OK by me because he was being true to his calling. Something an asshole like Bill Maher would never understand.

He left me with two great Romeo and Juileta cigars. He had to get back on the road back to Boston, but the rest of the crowd came back to our house for some wine and I got to enjoy one of the stogies. It smoked like a dream.

No comments: