Monday, November 17, 2008

I hate it when there are too many character actors in a movie because I never get to sleep.

With the craptastic double feature there were a ton of actors that my wife kind of recognized but wanted to know where she knew them from especially since they are about 50 years younger in the movie. For example in Airport 75 you had a row that had Jerry Seinfeld's father, Mindy's father from Mork & Mindy and Mr Roper all sitting next to each other. Plus George Kennedy from Cool Hand Luke who was in both movies. Every time a new character actor showed up she would poke me in the ribs and say "isn't that the guy in such and such." Yeah that's Lloyd Nolan who was Julia's boss the doctor. Can I go to sleep now please?

1 comment:

blake said...

I just keep the laptop turned to IMDB.

But let's see...

Jerry Seinfeld's father--I assume you mean Jerry Stiller, who played Seinfeld's father. (Right? Seinfeld isn't from a showbiz family like Ben Stiller.)

Mindy's father--God help me, it's Conrad Janis. It's appalling I know that, but if memory serves, it's at least partly because he's in a trad jazz band and my stepdad is a big jazz fan.

Mr. Roper, of course, is Norman Fell.

Laura Kightlinger told a joke (once) that went "If John and Robert Kennedy defined the '60s and Ted Kennedy defined the '80s, who defined the '70s? George Kennedy!"

Not that funny. But sorta true. He was also in The Hindenberg as well as the Airport movies.