Thursday, November 6, 2008

Late night movies make me sleepy.

Every night when we lay down we turn on the TV since the wife always has a hard time falling asleep. So we try to put something boring on that will let her drift off to sleep like she did when she was single and fell asleep to the sound of the TV. So we put on stuff like Ice Road Truckers and the History Channel Modern Marvels or National Geographic animal shows. Or especially Poker After Dark. But every once in while I put on a old movie that I immediately zone out on but she gets sucked in and starts watching. Last night it was Capone with Ben Gazzara and a prepubescent Sly Stallone as Frank Niti. With Susan Blakely as the slut and the great Harry Guardino as Johnny Torrio. A classic bit of business from 1975 that she had never seen. I go right to sleep. She stays up and watches the whole thing. What sucks is she keeps waking me up to explain what's going on.

I have to stick with the Paris Hilton show where she finds her new best friend. That puts both of out.

3 comments:

Hoosier Daddy said...

Last night it was Capone with Ben Gazzara

Try as I might, I just can't see Gazzara as Capone.

blake said...

She stays up and watches the whole thing. What sucks is she keeps waking me up to explain what's going on.

Hee hee.

Matt Eckert said...

Hoosier you have to see it to believe it. It was the greatest "bug eye" performance I ever saw. When
he spoke, he bugged his eyes out like a maniac. You have to see it to believe it.