Thursday, November 6, 2008

You know how some people say they don't care, but they really do care, well I don't care.

My wife always gets way too upset about stuff. I explain how a certain thing will go and when it happens almost exactly the way I say it will, she freaks out. She is very loving and generous and is always way too nice to people. I believe in always being nice but realizing that most people are not worth a shit. But when the situation repeats itself, she wants to force the issue and tell people what is going to happen. I say that you have to let it play out. You have to give people a chance. Even though you know they are not worth a shit.

For example a vendor calls up and says we have to get in an order or they will cancel it. I say I want to hold it for a week. He emails me back that their policy is that they have to ship it when it's ready. I say my window is until November 15th and if I take it on the 14th I am within my rights. But if they feel they have to cancel it, why knock yourself out because I don't care. I can always replace the stuff because if I want to buy someone will sell to me. Sure enough he said, hey no problem. I didn't think so. But the wife took it personally. I said don't do that. The guy is just a salesman and he has to answer to his boss. In fact I told him not to worry, if his boss gives him shit, have the boss call me and I would be happy to give him shit right back. So it all worked out.

But if you say you don't give a shit, you have to mean it.

3 comments:

Asante Samuel said...

If you talk the talk, you must be ready to walk occasionally. Don't ever be anyone's bitch. Women have trouble with this concept.

Trooper York said...

You are so right doctor. Guys just duke it out and get it over with. Women hold grudges.

Ritmo Re-Animated said...

I love you, Trooper York.