Friday, November 28, 2008

Something funny is going to happen in 3 minutes.

So we are over my sister in laws for Thanksgiving and they have this overactive dog that runs all over the place. I think he a pug but he is very frisky. But he is a cute fat bastard. Anyway they gave him one of those leather bones to chew during the meal to occupy him. I had previously told the wife that I was so exhausted that when the meal was over, I was going to find a place on the couch and just doze for a hour or two while she played with the kids or whatever.

So I sit on the couch and my brother in law sits on his easy chair next to me. The dog runs up jumps on the couch, rubs up against me and drops the bone in my lap and starts chewing. I had to laugh as I am scratching him behind the ear and he is having a grand old time. Then he hears something in the other room and scoots off the couch to see what is going on.

In the meantime the wife comes in and sits next to me. I turn to my brother in law and say "Something funny is going to happen in 3 minutes." My wife goes 'What something funny on the TV."

Now my wife doesn't like animals and can't stand the feel of fur. Even on furs. Which is funny enough but she has to pretend that she likes the dog because she doesn't want to upset her niece and nephew. But she is a girly-girl who doesn't like her nice clothes messed up.

The dog comes bursting into the room, scoops up the bone, jumps on the couch next to my wife and drops the bone in her lap and rubs against her expensive Anna Scholtz top. She lets out a scream you could hear in New Jersey.

All I could say was "Hey I was wrong. It took four minutes."

No comments: