Monday, July 22, 2013

An except from "Taken for Granted" a novel by Leslyn Amthor Spinelli



I collected the information I needed from the clerk of the court and walked outside. Unfortunately Nick was waited for me outside. He was sharing a hot dog stuffed with onions and sauerkraut. He was sharing it with his tie.
"Hey kiddo how ya doing. I didn't want to talk in front of the clerk but I wanted to give you a heads up."
"A heads up about what Nick?"
"One of the crazies that you prosecuted has become a client of mine and I think you should be aware. She has been talking about you and it is not pretty."
"Really. Who is it?"
"Remember that crazy twat who claimed she was a nurse and kept going into the hospital to give all the male patients forced enema's. You prosecuted her for fraud because she kept claiming she had all of these children when she didn't ever get laid. At least I doubt that she ever did. She definitely got hit with the ugly stick."
"Yes I remember. But I thought she was harmless."
"I don't about that. She comes from a sketchy background. She was a refugee from Germany. Her parents worked in a concentration camp and she has to be an ultra liberal to make for all the Jews her family killed. So she hates law enforcement people because they wear a uniform like her father the Uppengupenfueher. I think he used to touch her. So watch your back."
"Thanks Nick."
"And don't worry. I will watch your front. Heh, heh.heh."

1 comment:

ndspinelli said...

Onions give me agita. Otherwise this is realistic and funny.