Monday, July 29, 2013

Another One Bites the Dust



So I went by Mastellones to see what was up. There are three partners. I saw Nunzio who was one of the cooks. I go "How's it going man?" He's all 'It's going great, justa great Jimmy." Then he runs away to the kitchen.

Vinny the main owner is the bigmouth boisterous guy. He is the one that handles all the business. He is a real asshole. You know. He is just like me. He was meeting with the guy taking over. They were walking around and he didn't even acknowledge me. Fair enough. Business is business.

Then there is James who handle the deli counter and also did a lot of the cooking. I told him I hope this was what he wanted. He said he was going on vacation and when he got back in September he would start looking. He made sure I got my 50% which was a great deal. You see they were selling all of their stuff at 50% off so I got a bunch of non-perishable stuff like soup and olives and household cleaning products.

In just two days it will all go away.

9 comments:

chickelit said...

Meanwhile, at your shop, "Another One Tites The Bust."

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

A lot of Italian cheese and salami keeps for a long time. Just saying, stock up.

blake said...

Taking it hard, Troop?

ndspinelli said...

It's prosciutto and melon season.

Trooper York said...

I am taking it hard blake.

One of the last original businesses in the neighborhood is going because of the greed of the owners.

About ten people that I have been friendly with for twenty years are out of a job.

People who are on the edge. Not rich. Just scraping by. The half a retard stock boy who wants to talk Giants football. The alcoholic old man at the deli counter who always asks about my granddaughter. The Puerto Rican cashier who is always pregnant. All of them out of a job. On the street. While Vinnie is counting his fucking money.

I guess I am just a fuckin soft touch.

windbag said...

The half a retard stock boy who wants to talk Giants football.

I think you misspelled Packers.

windbag said...

Never mind. You said, "half" not "full". Carry on.

Michael Haz said...

On the plus side, the woman who runs TOP seems to be randomly re-hiring sycophant commenters. Unknowns, mostly, and for no pay. But hey, the benefits plan....sucks.

And apparently LSL cannot go on her her blog and make a fool of himself the way he does at Lem's place.

blake said...

Greed is the killer, isn't it? It's not enough to work hard and get paid well (even very well), there's always someone working a Get Rich Quick angle that screws everything up.

It's sad that it causes destruction, but it'd be worse if it didn't. When you get greed unchecked by reality, you end up with government.