Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chorizo and Yucca Fries



We had a little upset when we first got there because it was just too hot in the joint. So we sat at the bar for an appetizer until the AC kicked in.

They have a nice little appetizer there of chorizo and yucca fries. Yucca is a tuber that looks like a piece of wood that you find in grocery store and pass right by. But when you fry it up like a French fry it is very tasty. They use an inferior form of chorizo now but it is still tasty. They used to have the good chorizo that the would slice to the size of a quarter and fry with the yucca. That is how I do it at home when I make it. But this was pretty good with lemon and some black olives.

And the cocktails of course.

2 comments:

ndspinelli said...

I was introduced to yucca in New Mexico. It was also fried and good. Although, I could fry up my Chuck Taylors and they would be pretty good.

blake said...

Deep fry it from space. It's the only way to be sure.