Friday, July 26, 2013

It's PIzza time at Enoteca!


So the temperature dropped to about 60 last night. Which is great since it had been in the 90's all week long. We were so busy yesterday that I was too tired to cook so we decided to go out to eat again. Since it was colder we decided to go to Enoteca instead of Marco Polo. You will remember that Enoteca is the brick oven pizza place next door that Marco started to catch the younger crowd.

We have been staying away from carbs and gluten so we decided to go nuts with a pizza.

We started with a nice bottle of Malbac and a cheese platter. They had changed over the cheese they used to have and I wasn't too happy with the new choices. They got  rid of the fontina and the mozzarella and got this artsy farsty artisanal shit that the hipsters must like. The manager came over to sit with us because we hadn't been there in months and he wanted to be extra nice so we would come back more often than usual. In fact a lot of the former waitstaff was there as they had just gone to the wake next door for the customer I was telling you about. So all these knuckle heads came over to say hello and tell us about where they work. One idiot says "You have to come to my new rock climbing studio on Degraw Street. I will get you in for free." Of course she was drunk out of her face. I mean do I look like the kind of guy who goes rock climbing? I only want to climb into a rocks glass with some whiskey in it for crying out loud!

Anyways the pizza was great and the wine was wonderful and we had a lot of laughs.

Living well is the best revenge folks.

4 comments:

ndspinelli said...

That pizza gave me a boner then I saw you lurking in the background!!

The Dude said...

Climb rocks? Better to just chuck them.

TTBurnett said...

I agree Malbec is the best bang for the buck. My only problem with it is, I'm a California chauvinist, being from the formerly Golden State, and wanting to keep the money in this country, assuming you view California as "in this country."

So, I end up spending more than necessary, but, hey, somebody's got to help pay those taxes. I don't want to drive on potholes when I'm retired, do I? Thinking of moving to Paso Robles to stay near my 401(k).

chickelit said...

Tim, it's a good time to invest in CA property. Prices are still depressed in most normal places.