Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Ozark is back


One of the best shows on Netflicks is back. Ozark has returned for Season Three and it is a doozy.

Starring Jason Bateman, Laura Linney and Julia Garner it is the story of family that is laundering money for a Mexican Drug Cartel. Through various machinations in the first two season they wind up in Sixty Grit country. It is pretty interesting seeing the American criminals mixing it up with the Mexicans. You have cartel guys. Hillbilly criminal families. The Kansas City Mafia. All going at it like crabs in a bucket.

It has a bang up surprise ending. Highly recommended. 

2 comments:

windbag said...

Ozark is often front and center when I click over to Netflix. I've debated whether or not to watch it. I'll give it a go. I watched "Simmer Lake" the other day. Surprisingly good movie. There are some really funny moments, but I wouldn't call it a comedy. I think I read where someone called it neo noir. I guess so. Some familar faces in the cast.

I've watched some absolute shit, too, in the past few days. Fortunately, yard work is keeping me active and out from in front of the tv and computer, or else I'd have watched a bunch more garbage. Better Call Saul is great, and I'm glad to have that to look forward to every Monday. I've tried watching some old NHL games, but after about three minutes...who really cares? I haven't watched the Tiger thing everyone is talking about. Looks like a reality show to me. Life is enough reality right now.

Trooper York said...

Ozark is pretty good. I am not normally a Jason Bateman fan but he is pretty good in this as the monotone straight man. The other actors have the juicy parts especially the girl that plays the hillbilly girl.

I never could get into Breaking Bad so I wasn't going to try that Saul program. I tried the first episode of Breaking and it just wasn't for me.

Luke Cage's first season was actually excellent. Worth the watch.