Tuesday, July 9, 2013

An except from "Taken for Granted" a Novel by Leslyn Amthor Spinelli



I pulled up to scene of the accident in the misting rain. Kate stood by her car looking disheveled and sad. Her car was in the middle of the street with the door open. In front of it lay a mangled corpse. It looked like a St Bernard. It just didn't have a barrel around it's neck.
"What happened Kate?""I don't know Caroline. I was driving down the street...and yes I was going a little fast ...when this huge dog ran right in front of my car from out of nowhere. I think it was being chased by that guy."

She pointed at a dubious character on the sidewalk. He looked like a homeless field worker in a soiled pair of green coveralls. And he had his hand stuck down it and was....OH MY GOD!"
"I know that guy. He is a dog toucher. We arrested him once. It seems I see him all over town. We
have to look at the dog. At his anus. If he was molested he might have committed suicide."
"But Caroline we can't let the cops find out about this. This just makes me look even more reckless.
How can we cover this up?""Well first we have to get rid of the body. And before you say anything I am not giving it to that perv. No how. No way."

The street had been pretty deserted when all of a sudden a battered and dusty BMW with an "Impeach Walker Now" bumper sticker pulled up. A portly disheveled man in a stained Green Bay Packers sweatshirt and a pee sodden pair of sweat pants came waddling up. "Oh boy. Dinner. Yummy!"He scooped up the carcass and lovingly laid it in the trunk of his German motorcar. It joined two squirrels, a skunk and what looked like a possum." Thank you ladies and remember to vote in the recall."

Well that was one problem solved.

7 comments:

The Dude said...

Holy crap, I laughed out loud at that one.

Trooper York said...

That was the plan.

The Dude said...

It was "pee sodden" that got me.

That speaks volumes WRT my sense of humor, eh?

chickelit said...

The street had been pretty deserted when all of a sudden a battered and dusty BMW with an "Impeach Walker Now" bumper sticker pulled up. A portly disheveled man in a stained Green Bay Packers sweatshirt and a pee sodden pair of sweat pants came waddling up. "Oh boy. Dinner. Yummy!"He scooped up the carcass and lovingly laid it in the trunk of his German motorcar. It joined two squirrels, a skunk and what looked like a possum." Thank you ladies and remember to vote in the recall."

LOLZ!

chickelit said...

That speaks volumes WRT my sense of humor, eh?

or personal experience.

The Dude said...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, E. P.!!!

But wait, you found that passage funny, too. Hmm...

ndspinelli said...

Hilarious! A "dog toucher."