Sunday, October 21, 2007

So long Joe!

Well the long national nightmare is finally over. Joe Torre scoffed at the insult of 5 million a year and walked on the Yankees. The bastards. They would only have made him the highest paid manager in the majors. Again. And the typical bullshit is spouted by the asshole media like that midget yuppie asshole Mike Lupica in his implacable hatred of the evil empire. It was just time for Joe to move on. He was more focused on what went on before, and not what he had to do to win now. He stood pat with his old veterans and resisted using the young kids. He had to have his hand forced and he is not the man we want going forward. I bet Larry Bowa is going to get the job. He is hungry enough to do what needs to be done. Damon, Abreu, and Matsui better watch their ass or it will planted on the bench. A-rod is long gone, but Posada and Rivera will resign. The young pitching will lead to a surprisingly smooth ride into the playoff's next year and Saint Joe will be yesterdays newspapers. Let's go Yankees!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I read your comments about Hillary's cat on Althouse and thought you sounded like a funny guy. So here I am and you're talking baseball. I don't like baseball, so maybe I don't like you so much after all. Just what is an accounting jockey?

I'm honored to be your very first poster. I have faith in you and will be back, unless you stick with baseball.

Tell us about how you came to be an accounting jockey. Or not.

I've been blogging for three months and I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe I should talk about baseball.

Welcome -- and good luck!

Anne at http://lifepundit.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Trooper York said...

The jockey stuff is just a joke. I am about 6'4" and around 300 lbs so when I say I am a jockey I can tell immediately if people get it. Of course, you didn't have the visual. Thanks for being the first.