Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Abe Lincoln in Illinois

I decided to watch a real debate last night so I went to Free Movies on Demand and we say Abe Lincoln in Illinois. This is the old movie staring Raymond Massey as honest Abe and covers much the same ground as the far superior Young Mr. Lincoln by John Ford It still had a lot of good material about the rivalry between Lincoln and Stephen Douglas. It has several great scenes of the debates using their own words that make you long for such talent in our currant political scene. The movie was based on a famous play by Robert E. Sherwood so they stuck pretty close to the text of the play. I much prefer the Ford version of young Lincoln as much of the content is portrayed in a symbolic way. The trial in Young Mr. Lincoln was based on an actual case in which he defended William "Duff" Armstrong the son of Jack Armstrong who plays a big part in Abe Lincoln in Illinois. The funny part is that both of these movies are so head and shoulders above the current dreck we get in the movies that it is laughable. What a mess we are in, eh.

8 comments:

blake said...

Oh, we'll get another movie about Lincoln, soon enough.

It will focus on his homosexuality, his crazy wife, and probably his racism, but we'll get it.

Trooper York said...

Yeah by Oliver Stone. With Jack Black as Honest Abe.

blake said...

lol

Jack Black is more a US Grant type....

Titus4everfriends said...

Hi Troop,

How are you?

thanks for the kind words.

You seem to be angry lately. I hope you are not. Always remember to relax, breath and say namaste. It works wonders for me.

I am still doing the 21 year old from Queens. He is a total pig bottom. Just the way I like them. He is a spic and when we have sex I get to call him my spic gardner and spic house cleaner and that is hot. I also call him a smelly spic-it's the little things in life that get me horny. Like calling a piece of shit spic a spic. I love owning him. That will pass in a few days though. He wants to actually go do something. I am like no fucking way you piece of Queens spic trash. I wouldn't be seen with you. Now suck my hog and swallow every drop. I don't want a drop spilled and i don't want to clean up my cummy cock.

By the way go Sox, beat Tampa. I am actually flying down to Tampa for work tomorrow and got my tickets for the game. I am going to be the most arrogant SOB of a Boston Red Sox fan those southern rednecks have seen.

And lastly, Go Obama. Sorry, what can I say, I am a fag living in NYC and don't want them to take my membership card away...and I also like him.

Finally, I saw Madge at MSQ and she was unbelievable. 50 years old and the bitch is still fuckable. She was bitchy to Palin and Mccain and I loved it...sorry.

Titus4everfriends said...

Whenever I do a blackie I also ask them if I can call them nigger. They always say yes.

Calling a black guy a dirty nigger or greasy nigger while having sex it one of the biggest turnons in my life.

Also, according the Chris Rock calling a black guy a nigger during sex is ok.

KCFleming said...

"Honest Abe" was probably the last time the word 'honest' was put together with 'Illinois' without laughing.

Trooper York said...

I am not angry Titus, just under a lot of pressure at work and stuff so when I joke around it sometimes has more of an edge. I want to finish off all my tax stuff so I can do the clothing stuff full time.

I am glad you are rocking out and having a good time. That's the most important thing. Stay safe.

I only get to control the Ipod in the morning before the kids come in and put on the new music, but I want you to know I put most of Madonna's songs on one play list that we vogue to on a Saturday Morning. You haven't lived to you see a 300 white voguing first thing in the morning. The horror!

Trooper York said...

I want to see the Phillies and the Sox in the Series with the Phillies to win it all. That would be sweet.