Saturday, December 8, 2012

Catching up on stuff



We  are catching up on TV series we haven't seen since we were so busy. Time Warner Cable gave us free "Showtime" for six months so we are catching up on some of the series that we had not seen.

We weren't going to watch Dexter because we hate all these serial killer shows. I mean they show you stuff you don't want to know about. That's way we don't watch 'Criminal Minds" or "Profiler" or any of that crap.

The Borgias seems like something we might like but the wife doesn't like historical shows and she always makes me stop and explain what is going on. The sort of killed "Game of Thrones" for me so I will be giving the costume drama's a Pas-a-dena.

We did start watching this "Homeland" which got tons of awards. As I am sure you know it is about a Marine who is turned by the Muslim terrorists. And they he is elected to high office. Which seems like a stretch until you realize we have a President of the same ilk.

In any event we are watching it in sequence which is the way to do it. You can see two or three shows in a row and follow exactly what is going on. It is pretty interesting.

And it makes it easy when there is only repeats or Jets games on the TV.

I just can't take Clarie Danes. She is fucking annoying. The way she looks around like a crazy person is just pissing me off. If I wanted to watch a ditzy blond with a superiority complex yell at everyone and tell them that they didn't know anything and that she was the be-all and end-all......well I would go over to some blog or something. 

Sheeesh.

14 comments:

chickelit said...

I like "Dexter"

chickelit said...

It's such a play on "Sinister"

The Dude said...

Right.

rcocean said...

After a slow start I became a "Breaking bad" fan, but its almost over.

The Dude said...

Chiral!

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

But Clair Danes is a crazy person (both in character and in real life) so it is all good.

ndspinelli said...

chickelit, Dexter is the best show currently on tv. However, I surmise part of the divorce settlement w/ his wife[sister in show] was that she get a larger role. She is a horrible actress which stands out in an ensemble of great actors/charcters. I like his new girlfriend in every respect!

chickelit said...

@ndspinelli: The best part about Deb is her poutymouth.

blake said...

Holy crap! Carpenter and Hall are (were?) married?!

First season of Dexter is great. I stopped watching after the...fourth season, I think. Yeah, after the Carradine season.

I haven't watched many complete series of anything, though.

I liked Carpenter in "Quarantine".





chickelit said...

@blake: It got marginally better this season compared to the previous one. The new girlfriend is interesting--not quite so much as Lila Tournay was--for me at least.

blake said...

I like Lila--Jamie Murray was also a great villainess in a little horror flick called The Deaths of Ian Stone.

ndspinelli said...

chickelit, She says the nasty words but they're not real..that's not the way she talks, I can tell.

blake, they were married, divorced a couple years ago.

dbp said...

We watched Homeland for a couple of episodes, but I just couldn't take it.

The guy is a SGT and looks to be about 40! WTF! Did he punch-out an officer and get busted to private? If so, he had to have done it 4 or 5 times to still be a SGT at 40.

So, there is that and his haircut is totally unsat for a marine. Not believable. Pass.

Titus said...

HALL WAS A GAY IN SIX FEET UNDER. HE WAS A DINGE QUEEN TOO.