Thursday, December 6, 2012

So here is your phone you just have to wait for the comet part duex



So the wife insist that we had to go back to the fuckin' Apple store since her phone won't hold a charge. She calls up Apple and it turns out that we have some insurance bullshit and they were just supposed to give us a new phone. Imagine that! Soul patch guy didn't know what the fuck he was talking about. We couldn't get an appointment until 8pm at night so we cabbed it into the city after we closed the store.

Now the store was a lot less crowed since they were not having a concert so we were able to get help right away. The dude that was helping us was typical. Dirty, smelling and wearing one of those knit caps that the Smurfs wear. He looked like a fuckin' idiot. And this times looks were not deceiving in this particular case. First he tried to tell us nothing was wrong with the phone but we insisted he look up the account and could see the notes that we were authorized a new phone. So he disappears into the back and come back half an hour later with the phone. He has to call our carrier and change the chip and what not but we finally got out of there with a new phone. The wife wanted to look at the computers and Mac Books but I wasn't having any of it. I hate Apple. I don't want to buy any of their shit. Everybody I know who has it complains about how it is so fucked up. So the wife askes me what kind of new computer I want to buy.

I tell her a real computer. You know one with those punch cards that you have to put in the slots like I had to use in college. Now those were the days!

Anyway we decided to eat in the city again. We tried to use her I-pad to go on "Chow Hound" or "Urban Daddy" because they tell you what restaruants are in the area. And guess what. The fucking I-pad didn't work in the fucking Apple Store!

So I said fuck it lets just go outside and wander around Soho and see what we can find.

It was the right choice.

8 comments:

chickelit said...

Oh the stories I could tell...

ndspinelli said...

Trooper, I had a similar experience @ the Apple Store in Chicago. I bought a computer and expensive software for video editing. The guy[he wasn't dirty but a hipster] was wrong on a couple key points about what the software could do for me. They sent me the most expensive software. It still didn't do what I needed. To their credit, I spoke w/ the store manager after this had gone on for 4 months! He was a businessman and looked like one. He gave me my $ back, no re-packaging horseshit, and a $100 credit. This was back in 2004-5.

john said...

I still have my thesis programming on punch cards in a big box. It was pretty smart back then to draw a diagonal line across the top edge of the deck with a sharpy in case one tripped while walking across campus to the computer center.

Hard part was remembering the 6/7/8/9 card at the end.

Punch cards are coming back.

john said...

Of course, they need to bring back those more masculine computers, such as the CDC64 and the DEC10.

Michael Haz said...

I buy my computers form a local place that does a LOT of corporate work. The owner sits in an office right on the showroom floor and if he hears even one slight issue he's out the door and fixes the issue, period.

The klingons are kept in the back room doing excellent repair work. The sales floor guys are ex-mil, well gromed and very knowledgeable. Always a great experience.

You can tell they do a lot of corp work because they are very problem-solving oriented with minimum bs.

No smurf hats or piercings or visible tatoos.

windbag said...

My son built my computer for me. I don't even have to encourage him to bathe.

windbag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blake said...

My folks used punch cards as coasters. It was years before I realized they didn't come with coffee rings.