Sunday, December 16, 2012

Rh you freak me out man.



Chip S. said...
I apologize in advance for dragging crap from TOP here, but it's kind of on-topic and it's something that's really bothering me. Plus, this is a forum where I think I'd get a straight answer. So, w/ apologies, I'd like to know if I'm way off base in finding rhhardin's series of comments over there on the posts about this massacre deeply disturbing. I think that sometimes I overreact to stuff online, and wonder if this is one of those times. But at the moment I think the guy is at least a mild sociopath.

Obviously there are lots of candidates for that sort of bullshit long-range diagnosis, but people like "Alex" aren't taken seriously AFAIK.


As chickenlittle has stated I used to follow up every post of rhhardin at TOP back in the day. His posts always gave off a bad vibe. I don't know what it is but it had a whiff of kid toucher in it.

That reminds me of something that happened this week. This dude comes in and he is selling advertising in a "kit" he was marketing. It is a "Child Protection" kit that he would distribute to all the local schools for children to learn about how not to get kidnapped. And he wanted us to buy an advert. He showed me all the other stores that did but that did not impress me. I mean I don't want my store associated with child kidnapping in any way what  so ever.  So why would I spend $500 on an ad. Plus this guy also gave off the kid toucher vibe. I told him no but he was very pushy. Later both the wife and my employee told me the guy had come in and was very nasty to them when they told him he had to wait for me to make the descion. He wasn't nasty to me but it was very weird.

You never know about the people who post on the internets. Just sayn'

6 comments:

windbag said...

My manager is me when I'm not in the restaurant. Anyone who dishes out attitude to my manager is dishing out attitude to me. I treat them accordingly.

Chip S. said...

I've subsequently been led to believe that "rhhardin" was actually the beta version of AI software at Bell Labs in the mid-90s and named in honor of a retired programmer. It was abandoned after repeated Turing test failures.

A small software company bought the rights to "rhhardin" and redesigned it as a worm that infects open chat rooms and blog comment areas, in the hope that it would eventually become functional by self-updating in response to humans' responses to its simple, repetitive comments.

The company went thru Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings in 2009 due to the abject failure of the software to upgrade itself despite repeated interactions with human commenters.

blake said...

Yow. Kid-toucher vibe?

Dust Bunny Queen said...

I never paid too much attention to his posts other than to think that he has some serious problems with women. Seems to have quite a grudge. OTH....maybe he had a bad marriage or something. Who knows.

rcocean said...

I like RH's quirky blog and sense of humor. But he kinda reminds me of some Engineers I know. If his Dog and a kid were Drowning, he'd save his Dog first and then the Kid - assuming his Bike wasn't in Danger, in which case the Kid would be third in line.

And he does seem rather uh 'skeptical' toward Women. But then experience with certain women causes that attitude in men.

TTBurnett said...

I think Chip has got it.

From what I've seen, there's a lot of AI being tested on the internet.

I can hardly wait for the Singularity, taking it all the the next, inevitable stage.