Saturday, February 7, 2009

Everbody Loves Shamsky

Ray Barone: All right Robert now I got you into the Thurman Munson dinner but I don’t want you to bother any of the players.
Robert Barone : Don’t worry Ray, I won’t embarrass you. Oh look there’s Jeter and Jorge Posada. Hello Mr. Jeter. Nice to meet you my name is Robert Barone. I’m Ray’s brother.
Derek Jeter: Hey big man, nice to meet you. (He sees Ray Barone behind his brother) Hey Barone what are you doing here. They couldn’t get Jimmy Olsen?
Ray Barone: Very funny Jeter. Where’s you date? Don’t you have one? What’s the matter you can’t keep a lady happy?
Jorge Posada: Yeah that’s it Barone. No wonder you work for a rag like Newsweek.
Robert Barone: Don’t mind my brother Mr. Jeter; he has always been jealous of athletes. Plus he hates the Yankees. You see we grew up Mets fans in our house.
Derek Jeter: Sorry to hear that man. Who is your favorite Met? Maybe I know him and I can introduce you to him.
Robert Barone: Well I am a big fan of the 69 Met’s. I even named my bull dog after Art Shamsky.
Jorge Posada: Hey there’s old Art over there. Hey Shamsky com’ere (Posada waves over the grey haired Mets Old-timer who seemed to be rubbing against the backside of a oblivious Ralph Kiner)
Art Shamsky: Hey guys howz it going?
Derek Jeter: Hey Art I want you to meet your biggest fan Robert Barone. He even named his dog after you.
Art Shamsky: Really that’s great. Nice to meet you. Say what’s you dog look like?
Robert Barone: He’s a bull dog. Look here’s a picture.
Art Shamsky: Nice nipples.
Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Ray Barone (All in unison) What the fuck?
Art Shamsky: Err I mean she will be a great breeder that’s what I mean.
Robert Barone: But he’s a boy dog.
Derek Jeter: That’s ok with Art. He is a Met after all. They have a long line of real switch hitters starting from Pull The Choo Choo Coleman right up to Mikey Piazza. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Ray Barone: Jeeez Debra is never gonna believe this. That’s why I never wanted to get a dog.
Art Shamsky: What’s the matter, I just have a lot of love in me. You know what they say?
Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Ray Barone, Robert Barone (in unison) Everybody loves Shamsky!

5 comments:

I'm Full of Soup said...

Didja hear Mort made an appearance at Althouse?

Trooper York said...

Mort was posting on Althouse all along. He was just using a different name. It used to be JohnTaylor but I think he put on some new socks.

knox said...

It used to be JohnTaylor

Mort was JohnTaylor? huh, makes sense I guess. Mort's another one Trooper scared away. Invariably, the bullshitters talk big but are the first ones to run.

Trooper York said...

Well it is kind of easy if you just mock them. They get off on arguing but if you just treat them with genial contempt and laugh off their stupidity, they don't know what to do with themselves.

Although I must admit I don't think Mort is such a bad guy. Just misguided.

knox said...

Mort never said anything as obnoxious as JohnTaylor, that I can remember anyway.