Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's all cake.

Just a few hours left in our sandwich poll and hot pastrami is pulling way out into the lead.

I have to get the next poll ready and I am thinking about our favorite cakes. Not pies now, pies are not eligible. Just big rich creamy cakes.

I think I have to hit the bakery and buy a few so I can be ready to pick the contestants. I think we already have two of them: German Chocolate cake and the Black Forest cake pictured above. I will be taking your suggestions though.

4 comments:

An Edjamikated Redneck said...

Cheesecake!!!

Works two ways,

chickelit said...

second! (that motion)

ricpic said...

third!

There's also coffee cake to consider. Not that Drake's crap. Russian coffee cake. It's like the Empire State Building of coffee cakes. Nuts, cheese, raisins, figs, cinnamon or cimmanon and a ton of other stuff. My gamma made a great one.

Then again, it's not cakey in the layer cake sense so maybe it's not right for this competition.

Nichevo said...

If we have to keep New Orleans involved - I once had king cake and it was very good.