Saturday, October 23, 2010

We are all Texans now!!!


In 1982 I was wearing mostly sports apparel. I wasn’ t a big dress up kind of guy. I mean I had to wear suits to work as I was in this new accounting firm. But on the weekends and at night it was strictly t-shirts and jeans and team jackets. Now this was the time when they just started doing mail order for all of the team apparel and they started marketing the warm-up jackets and jerseys and what not. So I got my Knicks and my Giants and of course my Yankees jackets and t-shirts and what not. But the one thing I didn’t have was a Rangers jacket. So I ordered a lightweight Rangers jacket. The only problem was that the company made a mistake. They sent me a Texas Rangers Jacket instead of the Hockey Rangers. Imagine that.

Now as usual I was too lazy to send it back. I mean it was a great jacket and I could wear it anywhere even in the Stadium. You see nobody hated the Rangers. They were a nondescript team that had never made the playoffs. Formerly the Washington Senators nobody gave a rat’s ass about the Rangers. They were pretty much only famous for Lennie Randle choking the shit out of Frank Luchessi and stuff like that. So nobody cared if you wore a Rangers jacket even in Yankee Stadium.

But then we started to play them in the playoff’s every year. I was at he Dean Palmer game and it was a lot of fun when we beat them every year. I think we beat them about five times in the playoffs.

They were due to win one. I want to congratulate them. They won fair and square. I will root for them in the series. Especially if they play those hippies from San Francisco. And to support my friend W and of course Laura. In fact I bet she might have some diary posts coming up.

So good luck to Texas.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POTVAN BEATS HIS WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Titus said...

Go Giants.

Texas sucks.

And Go Pack.

jungatheart said...

I'm the rare Cleveland fan who doesn't mind admitting an admiration for the Yankees, and Sir, I like the cut of your jib. You are gentlemanly even in this keen disappointment.

Trooper York said...

Thanks deborah.

Being a Yankee fan means you know you will be in the mix next year. No matter what.

jungatheart said...

Quite so.

The Dude said...

Go Senators! Win one for your coach who is now nothing more than a head on a can in a freezer!

Jason (the commenter) said...

The Rays fans down here went from saying "Go Rays!" to "Go Yankees!" as soon as they were out for the season.