Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Simon is back at Althouse but Not at American Idol...wtf


Hey what the heck is up with American Idol?

They really shrunk the season down to nothing. I guess the ratings are down and they don't want to drag it out. What they did is they picked the top 24 with 12 boys and 12 girls. The boys sang last night and they are gonna cut seven of them. That's right seven! And the girls will sing tonight and get cut to five people. Then they will have the Top Ten of five boys and five girls.

That's knocking them out at the speed of light and really hurts someone who could build each night. Since so many of them are going to be gone by Thursday it is not worth it to go over each one of them. So I will only list my predictions of the top five boys today.

First is Pumpkin Head Randy Travis voice guy. He has a cool and easy old school country vibe and he will get the votes of all the NASCAR watchers, toothless goobers and Meade's relatives. So he should be safe for now in a big field.

Screaming Tourettes rocker dude guy should get through. He sang Judas Priest and can rock out all those Heavy Metal tunes right up until they get to Celine Dion night. Then again he can wear spandex and maybe get the camel toe exception. But he is safe for now.

Then there is the raspy voice Rod Stewart weird laid back dude. He might actually win because he has a very different voice. And he smiles a lot. A lot! So he should slide by just based on the praise he got last night. Even though he looks like a serial killer. He is a dark horse candidate to win it all.

Then there is big chocolate pudding Luther Vandross gospel crying gay black guy. He is the most talented and also the most over the top. He will be the favorite who will lose out at the end. I mean the guy is great but he is always over the top and over wrought like Meade at a demonstration or Simon at bath time at the Old Ladies home. (Gratuitous insult time).

Finally there is Cedarford's favorite the Jewish white guy pretending to be a black soul singer guy. He has all those jazz vibes and plays the base and emotes the shit out of it and got the pimp spot of going last so he should sail through.

The dark horse candidates are the Robbie Benson Jewish kid from Long Island and the red headed elf gay kid who everybody beat on who might get the tweener vote. In a big field if you have a voting bloc you might slip through. I just hope that the Nasty Future RuPaul Black Music teacher dude and the bug eyed midget Pilipino Karaoke douche both don't make it. If they are around it would make it very tough to sit through the first couple of eliminations.

All in all it is about as easy to predict as the fact that Meade will be getting the cold shoulder at the next faculty brunch. Check out the broads tonight!

15 comments:

Opus One Media said...

simon? "the" simon? my protagonist?
send my regards.

ricpic said...

I don't watch this stuff but there was an article in today's Post that almost sounded as though the fix is in for the Robbie Benson Jewish kid from LungGuyland.
As Arte Johnson used to say, Verrry Interesting.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you lost me when you put chocolate pudding and gay in the same sentence.

chickelit said...

All in all it is about as easy to predict as the fact that Meade will be getting the cold shoulder at the next faculty brunch.

A few may even suppress the urge to water him like a plant!

The Dude said...

Tweener? Taints have a vote?

Shanna said...

Finally there is Cedarford's favorite the Jewish white guy pretending to be a black soul singer guy.

So is this guy the new Elliot?

MadisonMan said...

The red-haired mophead kid is annoying.

I missed watching on Guy's night, but caught the end of Girl's night. WTH was Naima wearing? I hope she goes through so we can see her fashion choices, plus you gotta love a Stadium Toilet Cleaner Chick.

Pia has very nice teeth. White. No cavities that I could tell. I'm not sure that qualifies her as a good contestant however.

Opus One Media said...

hey trooper...my grandkids got to go on the ferry ride to shelter island and a special tour a museum because they were so cute and the guy who was in there was just getting the cobwebs out for spring...and invited us in. they got to see the fishies and the #4 fresnel...when your grandkids are out to visit you let me know...i would consider it an honor to arrange a day out here for you guys....

Trooper York said...

Thanks hd. I don' know if we are going to get out to the Hamptons until it gets warm. My best friend has a house on the Beach in Southhampton but he rents it out during the summer months so we usually go early in the spring or in the fall after Labor Day. I am going to be very busy in the spring with my "secret project" but maybe we can get together after Labor Day.

Wow it sounds silly to talk so far in advance right?

Thank you for your very kind offer.

Anonymous said...

"You just call out my name,
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring , summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend."

Opus One Media said...

Always welcome TY.

Bay scallops are good this year and the sea scallop harvest is amazing.....but actually better in the first "r" month of the fall and the fresh corn will be around still.

I have a few rakes for those hearty enough to wade into the cold water ... so make sure you take me up on this. It would be my honor.

Opus One Media said...

ps....you are still a sob right wing crazy :)

Trooper York said...

Thanks hd. My friends house is right in back of a sanctuary for plover's which as a commie liberal I am sure you want to preserve so to honor our friendship I won't collect their eggs to make an omlet.

This year.

Opus One Media said...

giving up being a son of a bitch for lent?

Anonymous said...

....I'll just mix a little mortar for these tiny cracks here and one over there....