Friday, August 8, 2008

Buying a dress with my sister.

So this dude comes in tonight with his sister who is touched as the Irish say to get her a dress for her birthday party. I come out of the back as I always do when men come into the store to establish a presence.

Just the other day a homeless dude came in and started his rap but when I came out from behind the curtain he ran away like his pants were on fire.

Anyway the guy was a neighborhood knock around guy who was basically an arrogant asshole. You know just like me. But he was doing a good thing in getting his sister an outfit for a family occasion tomorrow in Casa Rosa next door.

She picked out a nice dress, well he did since he had to be in charge of her. But my wife told him that she really needed a new bra because the stuff she had was horrible. He was a dick but a good hearted dick and a good brother. He said sure set her up. She ended up getting three bras because when he saw nice she looked and how good she felt in the right bra he said "Fuck that get her one in every color."

Now my wife is wearing a cute halter dress in very bright colors of red and white and a light blue that is very cute and the poor dear kept saying, "I like what you are wearing, I like what you are wearing." Now that wouldn't be appropriate for her affair tomorrow but my wife put her in one anyway. She looked so happy when she had it on. She kept saying to her brother "Don't I look pretty in this dress. I feel pretty in this dress." So my wife gave it to her. For free.

We might not be the best business people but we never went wrong doing the right thing. That's why I love her. She is my heart.

8 comments:

Meade said...

Dean and John

Trooper York said...

That was great, thanks Meade.

knox said...

What a great story. That's above and beyond "the right thing." Way to go, LeeLee.

knox said...

(er, I'm assuming your wife is "LeeLee")

Trooper York said...

Lee Lee is her nickname. Her real name is Lisa.

knox said...

Jeez, between the story and the clip I'm tearing up.

Trooper York said...

Hey there's no crying in baseball...I mean in ladies bloomers....come on now none of that...walk if off.

blake said...

That's great.