Friday, August 1, 2008

Tales from Amy's Garden-Spam edition

Fiver: There's something very queer about the warren this evening...
Hazel: Is it dangerous?
Fiver: It's not exactly danger, it's... oh, I don't know. Something oppressive... like thunder.
Fiver: I feel it too. I think there will be lighting and thunder soon.
Hazel: Well the lady in the cottage must think so. She is running around screaming and yelling about something called spam.
Fiver: Yes. I think that is what they call a woman who puts out for everyone and wakes up with strange men in their hutches every night.
Bigwig: Like that Spam Anderson.
Hazel: I thought spam was some kind of pig. Like a hog.
Fiver: That can’t be right. I don’t think she likes hog.
Bigwig; I heard her talking to herself. She was yelling about how she likes the single life. And she didn’t shut off all of her machines. She has a little one that seems to be buzzing a lot. Especially at night.
Hazel: People are strange sometimes. I prefer rabbits.
(Watership Down, 1972)

No comments: