Saturday, March 9, 2013

Everything is a cycle

So things always go in cycles.

As windbag can tell you it is a pain in the balls to run a business. Just last week I had two employees. But now both of them have given their notice. So it is down to just me and Lisa. I am putting out an advertisement and taking in resumes but we still have to train the person and we can't leave them alone for quite a while.

We had those theft issues earlier in the year so we are very leery of hiring strangers but we have to do it. We will not have any time for ourselves for vacations or even to sleep late for quite a while. It is a seven day a week gig and we will be putting in lots of hours.

I don't know where the best place to look will be. The last few people we got were from Craig's list. One was a thief and one was pretty good although she is jumping ship right before our busy season. So I will go back there. I tried some of the more upscale places but they were very expensive and a total bust. So I will be trying something different.



6 comments:

ndspinelli said...

How can I apply?

Trooper York said...

Send a photo of you dressed....well in a dress.

I will share it with the congregation and we will get a verdict.

windbag said...

I'd apply, except for a few deal busters.

1. I couldn't sell blood to a dying, bleeding man.

2. My sense of fashion...well, let's just say I've had people actually ask me if I dressed myself. And some of my favorite clothes my wife made me promise never to wear anywhere except when I'm going to the woods...by myself.

3. I've worked for myself too long, I don't think I could work for someone else w/o some sort of situation involving the police, sharp objects, and an IV. On the first day.

4. I've never been mistaken for tactful or sensitive. If it weren't my business, I'd be tempted to use some of the lines I've dreamed up, but never used on my own customers. "Hey, buddy, if you weren't such an asshole, you could have married a better looking broad." "Ma'am, bitch may work at home, but you might try manners here in public."

5. You probably can't drink on the job at other joints.

Trooper York said...

I have a lot of lines I never get to use.

The most common one is when one of the women who hates how they look says something along the lines of "I hate myself."

I want to say "Well now it is unanimous."

Trooper York said...

But the wife won't let me.

Chip S. said...

As long as you don't mind my telling select customers "I'd have to see you naked first", I'm sure we could arrive at a mutually agreeable wage.